This will be our 1st trip in Southeast Asia. We have 2 months. Bangkok will be our entry point. This is what I have planned starting mid-February 2014:
-Bangkok 3 days
-island (not decided yet) 7 days
- back to the north (Chiang Mai) 5 days
- leave Thailand and go to Siem Reap (Angkor) - train? Plane?
-Siem Reap 5 days
- leave Cambodge fot Vietnam - boat? Plane?
- Vietnam from South (Saigon) to North (Sapa) 21 days
- leave Vietnam for Laos - plane or ?
- Luang Prabang 5 days
- back to Bangkok 3 days
As you can see I don't know what is the best way to travel from one country to the other. Any suggestion on this itinerary and moderately priced accommodation would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 14 days in Myanmar
- 3 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 4 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 5 Changing planes at Dubai
- 6 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 7 50th Anniversary trip
- 8 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 9 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 10 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 11 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 12 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 13 Short trip to Myanmar
- 14 ATMs in Japan
- 15 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 16 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 17 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 18 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 19 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 20 Mandalay questions
- 21 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 22 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 23 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 24 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 25 Help - India take 2