This will be our 1st trip in Southeast Asia. We have 2 months. Bangkok will be our entry point. This is what I have planned starting mid-February 2014:
-Bangkok 3 days
-island (not decided yet) 7 days
- back to the north (Chiang Mai) 5 days
- leave Thailand and go to Siem Reap (Angkor) - train? Plane?
-Siem Reap 5 days
- leave Cambodge fot Vietnam - boat? Plane?
- Vietnam from South (Saigon) to North (Sapa) 21 days
- leave Vietnam for Laos - plane or ?
- Luang Prabang 5 days
- back to Bangkok 3 days
As you can see I don't know what is the best way to travel from one country to the other. Any suggestion on this itinerary and moderately priced accommodation would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 2 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 3 My new 10 year china visa
- 4 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 5 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 6 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 7 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 8 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 9 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 10 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 11 Update on riding elephants
- 12 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 13 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 14 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 15 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 16 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 17 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 18 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 19 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 20 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 21 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 22 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 23 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 24 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 25 Taipei National Palace Museum