i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 2 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 3 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 4 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 5 New Member
- 6 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 7 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 8 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 9 Bangkok
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 12 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 13 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 14 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 18 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 19 Lodge in Borneo
- 20 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 21 China and Japan help
- 22 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 23 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 24 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 25 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions