i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
1st trip to laos: driver wanted
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 2 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 3 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 4 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 5 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 6 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 7 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 8 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 9 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 10 China trip - 15 nights
- 11 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 12 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 13 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 14 Japan in July?
- 15 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 16 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 17 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 18 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 19 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 20 2-3 days in Georgia
- 21 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 22 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 23 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Lone traveler to Japan in April