i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
1st trip to laos: driver wanted
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 6 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 7 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 8 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 9 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 10 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 11 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 12 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 15 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 16 hokkaido outskirts
- 17 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 18 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 19 July itinerary in Japan
- 20 India and Nepal 2014
- 21 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 22 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 23 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 24 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!