i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 4 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 5 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 6 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 7 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 8 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 9 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 10 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 11 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 12 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 13 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 14 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 15 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 16 Thailand Assistance
- 17 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
- 18 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 19 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 20 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 21 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 22 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 23 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 24 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 25 Another first-timer. Does this work?