i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
1st trip to laos: driver wanted
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 2 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 3 Yangshuo or Tiger Leaping Gorge -- bad idea in the winter over Christmas?
- 4 Planning for Nov/Dec trip to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, LP, Hanoi via HK
- 5 Kashmir first week of June onwards, a few concerns
- 6 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 7 Bali , camboidia, Laos itinerary - please tweak
- 8 Planning trip to India, have a couple of questions
- 9 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 10 Asia Tour Companies
- 11 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 12 thai air Discovery pass question
- 13 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 14 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 15 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 16 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 17 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 18 Angkor Wat guide
- 19 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 20 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 21 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 22 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 23 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 24 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 25 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists