i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
1st trip to laos: driver wanted
- 1 Beijing, where to buy a sim card?
- 2 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 3 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 4 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 5 Anyone in Bangkok
- 6 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 7 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 8 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 Travel Insurance
- 11 South East Asia
- 12 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 13 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 14 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 15 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 16 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 17 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 18 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 21 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines