i haven't been able to find much information about finding a private driver in laos and was hoping the fodorite community could help me out...
i'm looking to hire a private driver for travel within northern laos. i think having a private driver will get us from place to place faster and on our own schedule...rather than taking a bus or shuttle. of course we can also fly but from what i understand, the scenery while driving is beautiful and worth seeing.
can anyone please recommend reliable and reasonably priced drivers??
i would like to drive from luang prabang to plain of jars to vang vieng to vientiane.
also if anyone has any advice on how many days are needed for travel to visit these 4 places.
i've been an avid follower of the fodor's forums for years. it's always my "go to" place when planning on a trip but i've never posted a question before. i'm hopefull that someone will have some advice for me...??
thank you in advance...
1st trip to laos: driver wanted
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 2 Christmas Time in India
- 3 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 4 Having doubts with China
- 5 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 6 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 7 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 8 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 11 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 12 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 14 help with itinerary!
- 15 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 16 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 17 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 18 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 19 Myanmar podcast
- 20 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 21 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 22 Burma with a toddler
- 23 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 24 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 25 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....