Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
1st time to Vietnam: Bunch of questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 2 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 3 Where are your fav places to eat with kids in HK
- 4 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 5 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 6 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 7 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 8 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 9 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 10 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 11 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 12 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 13 10 days in South Korea?
- 14 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 16 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 17 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 18 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 19 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 20 India at the end of May
- 21 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 24 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 25 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)