Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 2 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 3 What beach to choose?!?!
- 4 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 5 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 6 Singapore or Bali
- 7 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 8 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 9 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 10 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 11 RHK'S Spring trip
- 12 Hotels in Beijing
- 13 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 14 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 15 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 16 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 17 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 18 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 19 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 20 First trip to Japan
- 21 Hotel in Tokyo
- 22 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 23 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 24 Business class on JAL
- 25 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule