Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 【【™【 ｗｗｗ.ＹＴＥ６４.ＣＯＭ 】☄】】바카라싸이트
- 2 스타카지노❤*•❤ KOO28.COM ❤*•❤스타카지노
- 3 Bangkok, day tours.
- 4 라이브카지노⚖《 BOO54.com 》라이브카지노
- 5 생방송카지노▼《 BOO54.com 》생방송카지노
- 6 생방송카지노▼《 BOO54.com 》생방송카지노
- 7 Life Before Work Tours
- 8 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 9 Kyushu in late September
- 10 My First India Trip
- 11 Help on Planning my next year itinerary
- 12 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 13 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 14 Is luggage check through available between silk air and air china
- 15 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 16 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 17 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 18 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 19 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 20 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 21 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 22 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 23 hanoi eats
- 24 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 25 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King