Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 AMA vs VIKING
- 4 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 5 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 6 Hotels in Kumamoto and Fukuoka
- 7 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 8 Hotel in Tokyo
- 9 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 10 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 11 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 12 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 13 Incheon Transit Tours
- 14 Universal Studios Japan crowd levels in late November 2015?
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 Tokyo with kids : what an amazing trip!
- 17 Vietnam - September 2015
- 18 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 19 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 20 Burma or Laos.
- 21 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 22 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 23 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 24 Worldspree Thailand or India
- 25 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II