Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
1st time to Vietnam: Bunch of questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 4 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 5 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 6 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 7 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 8 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 11 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 12 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 13 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 14 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 15 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 16 N. India itinerary feedback
- 17 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 18 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 19 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 20 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 24 Bali or Fiji
- 25 flight details from Chicago area to BKK