Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
1st time to Vietnam: Bunch of questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 You guys have beautiful babies but down for moms watching
- 2 day bus Yangon -Kalaw?
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 7 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 8 Airport pick up from Narita
- 9 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 10 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 11 help with itinerary!
- 12 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 13 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 14 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 16 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 17 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 18 Christmas Time in India
- 19 Having doubts with China
- 20 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 21 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 22 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 23 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 24 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 25 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop