Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
1st time to Vietnam: Bunch of questions
- 1 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 2 Trip report China
- 3 Magical India
- 4 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 5 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 6 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 11 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 12 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 13 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 14 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 15 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 16 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 17 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 18 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 19 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 20 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 21 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 24 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 25 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!