Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
1st time to Vietnam: Bunch of questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?
- 2 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 3 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 4 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 5 Driving in Laos
- 6 Best Taiwan Sites
- 7 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 8 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 11 Passport Safety
- 12 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 13 My trip report from the Philippines
- 14 Art in Shanghai
- 15 One week in Thailand
- 16 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 17 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 18 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 19 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 20 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 21 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 22 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 23 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 24 Thailand mid-December
- 25 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?