I would be very grateful if the more experienced travellers in the forum could lend me a hand with organising my first trip to Japan I will leave London on 2nd October, returning on 16th with a stopover in Soul for 4 nights. This will be my first trip to Japan and also my first trip as a solo traveller to Asia. I hope someone can revise the below itinerary and let me know if I missed anything or added too much
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help out.
02/10 - LHR to ICN departure
03/10 – Seoul (4pm arrival)> Hotel Checkin > Cheonggye stream > Seoul City Night Bus > N Tower > Night Tour ends at Namdaemun market > Dinner > Hotel.
04/10 – Jogyesa Buddhist Temple > Gyengbok Palace > Lunch at Insadong > Gangnam/ Garogusil > Bongeusa Temple > COEX Aquarium > Gwangjang market > Dinner > Hotel.
05/10 – Bukchon Hanok Village > Changdeokgung Palace > Huwon Garden > Myeongdong Shopping > Gwanghwamun Gate > Cheonggye Plaza > Walk down Cheonggye Stream on the way back to hotel.
06/10 – Han River Cruise > Lotte World > Banpo Bridge > Stop at Myeongdong for last minute shopping and dinner > Hotel.
07/10 – Board early flight to Tokyo > Arrive 10.30 @ Narita > Travel to Hotel to drop off bags (The B Ikebukuro) > Shinjuku > Hanazono Shrine > Gyoen National Gardens > Ikebukuro > Otome Road/Otaku Shopping > Dinner > Hotel.
08/10 – Akibahara > Lunch at either Gundam or a Maid Café > Kanda Shrine > Asakusa > Senso-Ji Temple > Nakamise-Dori > Tokyo SkyTree > Either take the Odaiba Bay Cruise to see the Ranbow Bridge and Odaiba at night OR travel to Shinjuku to see the Golden Gai/Kabuchiko.
09/10 – Nikko Day Trip
10/10 – Shinkansen to Hakone > If weather permits then do the Lake Ashi Cruise and visit the Venetian Glass Museum. Otherwise, spend afternoon at Hakone Yuryo for some spa pampering and traditional acupuncture treatment before checking into nearby Ryokan.
11/10 – Shinkansen to Kyoto > Higashiyama > Manga Museum > Nishiki Market > Imperial Palace > Pontocho Dori for Dinner > Hotel.
12/10 – Kiyomizudera Temple > Sanjusangendo/Kenninji Temple > Heian Shrine > Nanzenji Temple > GInkakuji Temple > Gion for Dinner > Hotel.
13/10 – Kinkakuji Temple > Ryoanji Temple > Toei Park rest of the day.
14/10 – Fushini Imari Temple > Afternoon in Nara > Rail transfer to Osaka > Check into Hotel located in the Dotombori district > Dinner > Hotel.
15/10 –Dotombori > Tombori Cruise > Osaka Castle > Shtennoji Temple > Minami (Namba Park) > Back to hotel after dinner to get packing ready for flight home next day.
16/10 – KIX-ICN-LON return
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 4 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 7 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 8 Being customs
- 9 Itinerary feedback please
- 10 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 11 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 12 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 13 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 14 Tips in Myanmar
- 15 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 16 Road Scholar tour in China
- 17 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 18 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 19 myanmar
- 20 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 21 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 22 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 23 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 24 A beach of choice on Samui
- 25 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
1st time in Japan/Korea - Advice needed for 15day itinerary solo traveller