I would be very grateful if the more experienced travellers in the forum could lend me a hand with organising my first trip to Japan I will leave London on 2nd October, returning on 16th with a stopover in Soul for 4 nights. This will be my first trip to Japan and also my first trip as a solo traveller to Asia. I hope someone can revise the below itinerary and let me know if I missed anything or added too much
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help out.
02/10 - LHR to ICN departure
03/10 – Seoul (4pm arrival)> Hotel Checkin > Cheonggye stream > Seoul City Night Bus > N Tower > Night Tour ends at Namdaemun market > Dinner > Hotel.
04/10 – Jogyesa Buddhist Temple > Gyengbok Palace > Lunch at Insadong > Gangnam/ Garogusil > Bongeusa Temple > COEX Aquarium > Gwangjang market > Dinner > Hotel.
05/10 – Bukchon Hanok Village > Changdeokgung Palace > Huwon Garden > Myeongdong Shopping > Gwanghwamun Gate > Cheonggye Plaza > Walk down Cheonggye Stream on the way back to hotel.
06/10 – Han River Cruise > Lotte World > Banpo Bridge > Stop at Myeongdong for last minute shopping and dinner > Hotel.
07/10 – Board early flight to Tokyo > Arrive 10.30 @ Narita > Travel to Hotel to drop off bags (The B Ikebukuro) > Shinjuku > Hanazono Shrine > Gyoen National Gardens > Ikebukuro > Otome Road/Otaku Shopping > Dinner > Hotel.
08/10 – Akibahara > Lunch at either Gundam or a Maid Café > Kanda Shrine > Asakusa > Senso-Ji Temple > Nakamise-Dori > Tokyo SkyTree > Either take the Odaiba Bay Cruise to see the Ranbow Bridge and Odaiba at night OR travel to Shinjuku to see the Golden Gai/Kabuchiko.
09/10 – Nikko Day Trip
10/10 – Shinkansen to Hakone > If weather permits then do the Lake Ashi Cruise and visit the Venetian Glass Museum. Otherwise, spend afternoon at Hakone Yuryo for some spa pampering and traditional acupuncture treatment before checking into nearby Ryokan.
11/10 – Shinkansen to Kyoto > Higashiyama > Manga Museum > Nishiki Market > Imperial Palace > Pontocho Dori for Dinner > Hotel.
12/10 – Kiyomizudera Temple > Sanjusangendo/Kenninji Temple > Heian Shrine > Nanzenji Temple > GInkakuji Temple > Gion for Dinner > Hotel.
13/10 – Kinkakuji Temple > Ryoanji Temple > Toei Park rest of the day.
14/10 – Fushini Imari Temple > Afternoon in Nara > Rail transfer to Osaka > Check into Hotel located in the Dotombori district > Dinner > Hotel.
15/10 –Dotombori > Tombori Cruise > Osaka Castle > Shtennoji Temple > Minami (Namba Park) > Back to hotel after dinner to get packing ready for flight home next day.
16/10 – KIX-ICN-LON return
1st time in Japan/Korea - Advice needed for 15day itinerary solo traveller
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 2 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 3 Need help with Myanmar itinerary
- 4 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 7 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 8 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 9 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 10 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 11 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 12 Krabi island tours
- 13 beaches in Thailand
- 14 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Kyushu rail pass
- 18 6 full days in Yagoon
- 19 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 20 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 21 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 22 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 23 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 24 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 25 Currency in South Korea