I would be very grateful if the more experienced travellers in the forum could lend me a hand with organising my first trip to Japan I will leave London on 2nd October, returning on 16th with a stopover in Soul for 4 nights. This will be my first trip to Japan and also my first trip as a solo traveller to Asia. I hope someone can revise the below itinerary and let me know if I missed anything or added too much
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help out.
02/10 - LHR to ICN departure
03/10 – Seoul (4pm arrival)> Hotel Checkin > Cheonggye stream > Seoul City Night Bus > N Tower > Night Tour ends at Namdaemun market > Dinner > Hotel.
04/10 – Jogyesa Buddhist Temple > Gyengbok Palace > Lunch at Insadong > Gangnam/ Garogusil > Bongeusa Temple > COEX Aquarium > Gwangjang market > Dinner > Hotel.
05/10 – Bukchon Hanok Village > Changdeokgung Palace > Huwon Garden > Myeongdong Shopping > Gwanghwamun Gate > Cheonggye Plaza > Walk down Cheonggye Stream on the way back to hotel.
06/10 – Han River Cruise > Lotte World > Banpo Bridge > Stop at Myeongdong for last minute shopping and dinner > Hotel.
07/10 – Board early flight to Tokyo > Arrive 10.30 @ Narita > Travel to Hotel to drop off bags (The B Ikebukuro) > Shinjuku > Hanazono Shrine > Gyoen National Gardens > Ikebukuro > Otome Road/Otaku Shopping > Dinner > Hotel.
08/10 – Akibahara > Lunch at either Gundam or a Maid Café > Kanda Shrine > Asakusa > Senso-Ji Temple > Nakamise-Dori > Tokyo SkyTree > Either take the Odaiba Bay Cruise to see the Ranbow Bridge and Odaiba at night OR travel to Shinjuku to see the Golden Gai/Kabuchiko.
09/10 – Nikko Day Trip
10/10 – Shinkansen to Hakone > If weather permits then do the Lake Ashi Cruise and visit the Venetian Glass Museum. Otherwise, spend afternoon at Hakone Yuryo for some spa pampering and traditional acupuncture treatment before checking into nearby Ryokan.
11/10 – Shinkansen to Kyoto > Higashiyama > Manga Museum > Nishiki Market > Imperial Palace > Pontocho Dori for Dinner > Hotel.
12/10 – Kiyomizudera Temple > Sanjusangendo/Kenninji Temple > Heian Shrine > Nanzenji Temple > GInkakuji Temple > Gion for Dinner > Hotel.
13/10 – Kinkakuji Temple > Ryoanji Temple > Toei Park rest of the day.
14/10 – Fushini Imari Temple > Afternoon in Nara > Rail transfer to Osaka > Check into Hotel located in the Dotombori district > Dinner > Hotel.
15/10 –Dotombori > Tombori Cruise > Osaka Castle > Shtennoji Temple > Minami (Namba Park) > Back to hotel after dinner to get packing ready for flight home next day.
16/10 – KIX-ICN-LON return
1st time in Japan/Korea - Advice needed for 15day itinerary solo traveller
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 2 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 3 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 4 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 5 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 7 Thailand mid-December
- 8 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 9 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 10 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 11 Indian visa
- 12 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 13 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 14 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 15 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 16 One week in Thailand
- 17 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 18 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 19 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 20 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 21 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 22 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 23 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 24 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 25 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?