I would be very grateful if the more experienced travellers in the forum could lend me a hand with organising my first trip to Japan I will leave London on 2nd October, returning on 16th with a stopover in Soul for 4 nights. This will be my first trip to Japan and also my first trip as a solo traveller to Asia. I hope someone can revise the below itinerary and let me know if I missed anything or added too much
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help out.
02/10 - LHR to ICN departure
03/10 – Seoul (4pm arrival)> Hotel Checkin > Cheonggye stream > Seoul City Night Bus > N Tower > Night Tour ends at Namdaemun market > Dinner > Hotel.
04/10 – Jogyesa Buddhist Temple > Gyengbok Palace > Lunch at Insadong > Gangnam/ Garogusil > Bongeusa Temple > COEX Aquarium > Gwangjang market > Dinner > Hotel.
05/10 – Bukchon Hanok Village > Changdeokgung Palace > Huwon Garden > Myeongdong Shopping > Gwanghwamun Gate > Cheonggye Plaza > Walk down Cheonggye Stream on the way back to hotel.
06/10 – Han River Cruise > Lotte World > Banpo Bridge > Stop at Myeongdong for last minute shopping and dinner > Hotel.
07/10 – Board early flight to Tokyo > Arrive 10.30 @ Narita > Travel to Hotel to drop off bags (The B Ikebukuro) > Shinjuku > Hanazono Shrine > Gyoen National Gardens > Ikebukuro > Otome Road/Otaku Shopping > Dinner > Hotel.
08/10 – Akibahara > Lunch at either Gundam or a Maid Café > Kanda Shrine > Asakusa > Senso-Ji Temple > Nakamise-Dori > Tokyo SkyTree > Either take the Odaiba Bay Cruise to see the Ranbow Bridge and Odaiba at night OR travel to Shinjuku to see the Golden Gai/Kabuchiko.
09/10 – Nikko Day Trip
10/10 – Shinkansen to Hakone > If weather permits then do the Lake Ashi Cruise and visit the Venetian Glass Museum. Otherwise, spend afternoon at Hakone Yuryo for some spa pampering and traditional acupuncture treatment before checking into nearby Ryokan.
11/10 – Shinkansen to Kyoto > Higashiyama > Manga Museum > Nishiki Market > Imperial Palace > Pontocho Dori for Dinner > Hotel.
12/10 – Kiyomizudera Temple > Sanjusangendo/Kenninji Temple > Heian Shrine > Nanzenji Temple > GInkakuji Temple > Gion for Dinner > Hotel.
13/10 – Kinkakuji Temple > Ryoanji Temple > Toei Park rest of the day.
14/10 – Fushini Imari Temple > Afternoon in Nara > Rail transfer to Osaka > Check into Hotel located in the Dotombori district > Dinner > Hotel.
15/10 –Dotombori > Tombori Cruise > Osaka Castle > Shtennoji Temple > Minami (Namba Park) > Back to hotel after dinner to get packing ready for flight home next day.
16/10 – KIX-ICN-LON return
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 2 Hoi An in December?
- 3 Dollar traveller cheques
- 4 Laundry In Vietnam
- 5 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 6 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 7 Halong Bay cruise
- 8 India help with where to go
- 9 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 12 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 17 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 18 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 19 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 20 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 21 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 22 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 23 Is this crazy?
- 24 In Seoul for one day
- 25 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
1st time in Japan/Korea - Advice needed for 15day itinerary solo traveller