My names Amy im 20 years old and planning to travel over to thailand leaving 31st January 2016 and staying for around a month then flying onto bali for a couple of weeks.
This will be my first time backpacking alone ever so could do with a little help and advise! Obviously have been reading alot of forums and been doing my research but thought i would post to get my own personal trip advise.
I am booking flights in december frm lhr to bkk. Will be staying for 30 days should i also book from there straight to bali for when i leave or do that when im out there?
What i really need help with is my itinerary. I have a fair amount of money but doesnt mean i want to be a big spender so i want to budget staying in hostels. My main reason to travel is to explore the culture and relax really! I will obviously stay in bangkok first so should i book hostel before? I would like to visit Chiang Mai, Ayuthaya, Pai, Krabi, Ko phangnan, phuket, khao sok national park.
With regards to what to bring to wear any advice this is the thing im most stuck on i know it will be warm. Will there be nice clothes to buy out there? I do still want to look nice as i travel.
I know there is a free 30 day visa so i guess i dont have to do anything with regards to that?
Also with booking travel insurance where is best place to go ?
Any advice would really help!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Review
- 2 Kumakaron
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 10 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 China in june-July
- 13 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 15 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 16 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 China in July
- 19 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 20 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?