I'm going to be in Bejiing 11/6 - 11/11. The 18th Party Congress is scheduled to begin 11/8/12 and I'm wondering if that will affect sightseeing. Is that a time to avoid Tiananmen Square because of crowds or security, or is it a better time to go for the chance to see something relatively rare?
18th Party Congress and Beijing Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Bangkok, again
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 4 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 5 Phuket
- 6 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 7 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 8 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 9 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 10 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 11 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 14 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 15 India, What Can I Say!
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 18 Travel during China national week?
- 19 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 20 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 21 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 22 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 23 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 24 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 25 Angkor - when to go?