I'm going to be in Bejiing 11/6 - 11/11. The 18th Party Congress is scheduled to begin 11/8/12 and I'm wondering if that will affect sightseeing. Is that a time to avoid Tiananmen Square because of crowds or security, or is it a better time to go for the chance to see something relatively rare?
18th Party Congress and Beijing Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 4 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 5 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 10 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 11 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 12 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 15 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 16 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 17 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 20 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 21 Kashmir today
- 22 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 25 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.