I'm going to be in Bejiing 11/6 - 11/11. The 18th Party Congress is scheduled to begin 11/8/12 and I'm wondering if that will affect sightseeing. Is that a time to avoid Tiananmen Square because of crowds or security, or is it a better time to go for the chance to see something relatively rare?
18th Party Congress and Beijing Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 2 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Kashmir today
- 5 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 6 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 7 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 8 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 9 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 10 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 13 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 14 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 15 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 16 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 17 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 18 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 19 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 20 Triple Room in Singapore
- 21 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 22 What I like about Mumbai
- 23 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 24 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 25 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary