I'm going to be in Bejiing 11/6 - 11/11. The 18th Party Congress is scheduled to begin 11/8/12 and I'm wondering if that will affect sightseeing. Is that a time to avoid Tiananmen Square because of crowds or security, or is it a better time to go for the chance to see something relatively rare?
18th Party Congress and Beijing Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 2 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 3 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 4 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 11 Connaught Place
- 12 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 13 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 16 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 17 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 18 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 19 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 20 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 21 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 22 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 23 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 24 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 25 What did you think of Mumbai?