I'm going to be in Bejiing 11/6 - 11/11. The 18th Party Congress is scheduled to begin 11/8/12 and I'm wondering if that will affect sightseeing. Is that a time to avoid Tiananmen Square because of crowds or security, or is it a better time to go for the chance to see something relatively rare?
18th Party Congress and Beijing Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 4 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 5 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 6 1st time Japan - solo female
- 7 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 8 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 11 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 12 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 13 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 14 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 15 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 16 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 17 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 18 Japan Itinerary for May
- 19 Thai island escape
- 20 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 21 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 22 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 25 South Korea 5 days