I'm going to be in Bejiing 11/6 - 11/11. The 18th Party Congress is scheduled to begin 11/8/12 and I'm wondering if that will affect sightseeing. Is that a time to avoid Tiananmen Square because of crowds or security, or is it a better time to go for the chance to see something relatively rare?
18th Party Congress and Beijing Travel Plans
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 2 Stop-over in Seoul
- 3 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 4 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 5 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 6 Bali in begging of July
- 7 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 8 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 9 Bali - January 2015
- 10 Hiring a car and driver in Bali
- 11 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 12 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 13 meeting at beijing airport
- 14 One week in Tokyo
- 15 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 16 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 17 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 18 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 19 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 20 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 21 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 22 Hotel in Singapore
- 23 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 24 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 25 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,