Next January my wife and I will be in Singapore most of a day. We arrive (from Australia) at 12:30 P.M. and leave at 11:55 the same day. We would like to see something of Singapore. Museums, shopping districts, gardens...things that are most characteristic of the city. I noticed an earlier poster wanted a day with vegetarian meals and no shopping. We won't be interested in extensive dining (too many hours in a plane before and after our day), and we aren't averse to a shopping area if it is representative of Singapore (i.e., not the area with all the big international names). Our only thought thus far is that we might ride the Singapore Flyer near dusk, and I'd welcome any opinion on that as well. Suggestions are welcome for how we should spend our day and how much time we should allow to and from the airport (our luggage will be checked through to our final destination, so we'll just have carry-on baggage, although we'll try to stow that in a locker if we can). Thanks in advance!
12 Hours (Almost) in Singapore
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 3 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 4 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 5 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 6 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 7 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 8 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 9 Kashmir or Nepal
- 10 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 11 Wildlife Tour of India
- 12 Cell Phones in India
- 13 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 14 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 15 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 16 white sand beaches in thailand
- 17 Udaipur, India
- 18 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 19 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 20 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 21 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 22 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 23 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 24 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 25 11 days in Japan, JR pass question