Next January my wife and I will be in Singapore most of a day. We arrive (from Australia) at 12:30 P.M. and leave at 11:55 the same day. We would like to see something of Singapore. Museums, shopping districts, gardens...things that are most characteristic of the city. I noticed an earlier poster wanted a day with vegetarian meals and no shopping. We won't be interested in extensive dining (too many hours in a plane before and after our day), and we aren't averse to a shopping area if it is representative of Singapore (i.e., not the area with all the big international names). Our only thought thus far is that we might ride the Singapore Flyer near dusk, and I'd welcome any opinion on that as well. Suggestions are welcome for how we should spend our day and how much time we should allow to and from the airport (our luggage will be checked through to our final destination, so we'll just have carry-on baggage, although we'll try to stow that in a locker if we can). Thanks in advance!
12 Hours (Almost) in Singapore
View all Asia activity »
- 1 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 2 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Anyone in Bangkok
- 5 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 6 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 10 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 11 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 12 Travel Insurance
- 13 South East Asia
- 14 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 15 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 16 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 19 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 20 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines