Next January my wife and I will be in Singapore most of a day. We arrive (from Australia) at 12:30 P.M. and leave at 11:55 the same day. We would like to see something of Singapore. Museums, shopping districts, gardens...things that are most characteristic of the city. I noticed an earlier poster wanted a day with vegetarian meals and no shopping. We won't be interested in extensive dining (too many hours in a plane before and after our day), and we aren't averse to a shopping area if it is representative of Singapore (i.e., not the area with all the big international names). Our only thought thus far is that we might ride the Singapore Flyer near dusk, and I'd welcome any opinion on that as well. Suggestions are welcome for how we should spend our day and how much time we should allow to and from the airport (our luggage will be checked through to our final destination, so we'll just have carry-on baggage, although we'll try to stow that in a locker if we can). Thanks in advance!
12 Hours (Almost) in Singapore
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 2 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?