Next January my wife and I will be in Singapore most of a day. We arrive (from Australia) at 12:30 P.M. and leave at 11:55 the same day. We would like to see something of Singapore. Museums, shopping districts, gardens...things that are most characteristic of the city. I noticed an earlier poster wanted a day with vegetarian meals and no shopping. We won't be interested in extensive dining (too many hours in a plane before and after our day), and we aren't averse to a shopping area if it is representative of Singapore (i.e., not the area with all the big international names). Our only thought thus far is that we might ride the Singapore Flyer near dusk, and I'd welcome any opinion on that as well. Suggestions are welcome for how we should spend our day and how much time we should allow to and from the airport (our luggage will be checked through to our final destination, so we'll just have carry-on baggage, although we'll try to stow that in a locker if we can). Thanks in advance!
12 Hours (Almost) in Singapore
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi driver wanted
- 2 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 3 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 8 2nd location on the beach
- 9 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 10 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 11 Thailand - Food recos
- 12 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 13 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 14 Laos for the backpacker
- 15 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 16 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 17 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 18 Thailand Hotel
- 19 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 22 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 23 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 24 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 25 Elephants in Northern Thailand