Next January my wife and I will be in Singapore most of a day. We arrive (from Australia) at 12:30 P.M. and leave at 11:55 the same day. We would like to see something of Singapore. Museums, shopping districts, gardens...things that are most characteristic of the city. I noticed an earlier poster wanted a day with vegetarian meals and no shopping. We won't be interested in extensive dining (too many hours in a plane before and after our day), and we aren't averse to a shopping area if it is representative of Singapore (i.e., not the area with all the big international names). Our only thought thus far is that we might ride the Singapore Flyer near dusk, and I'd welcome any opinion on that as well. Suggestions are welcome for how we should spend our day and how much time we should allow to and from the airport (our luggage will be checked through to our final destination, so we'll just have carry-on baggage, although we'll try to stow that in a locker if we can). Thanks in advance!
12 Hours (Almost) in Singapore
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Thai island escape
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 6 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals