I've posted here about my itinerary for Japan already too but I'll actually be volunteering in Taiwan for a month teaching English (July), but after I return from Japan I will be visiting family in Taipei & Tainan, and hopefully making some side trips for 1-2 days each!
I'll be in Taiwan from August 19 through the 21st and during my last 12 days I definitely want to see as much as possible! I am thinking about spending half of that time in Tainan and half in Taipei, using both cities as a base if I do day trips. I will have already been to Kenting, Alisan, and all that but does anyone have suggestions for other day trips?
I like being in the outdoors but my mom told me that most people will not hike much in the Taiwan summer heat! (As a note, I am a proficient Mandarin speaker, my parents are from Taiwan) Are there any cool activities (like rafting! I've always wanted to go) people could recommend?
I am spending most of my time in Southern Taiwan, so anything in Central & Northern Taiwan I think would be cool. Like Taroko Gorge (how much would that cost to get driven there?) and visiting Hualien for a couple days!
As of now I am totally flexible about where I'll be spending my time
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 3 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 4 Most Attractive love spell caster +27730811051 in Australua kuwait Qatar
- 5 Money problem when Cruising different countries in Asia
- 6 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 7 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 8 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 9 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 10 New Member
- 11 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 12 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 13 Bangkok
- 14 5 weeks in Japan
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 17 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 22 Lodge in Borneo
- 23 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 24 China and Japan help
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014