I've posted here about my itinerary for Japan already too but I'll actually be volunteering in Taiwan for a month teaching English (July), but after I return from Japan I will be visiting family in Taipei & Tainan, and hopefully making some side trips for 1-2 days each!
I'll be in Taiwan from August 19 through the 21st and during my last 12 days I definitely want to see as much as possible! I am thinking about spending half of that time in Tainan and half in Taipei, using both cities as a base if I do day trips. I will have already been to Kenting, Alisan, and all that but does anyone have suggestions for other day trips?
I like being in the outdoors but my mom told me that most people will not hike much in the Taiwan summer heat! (As a note, I am a proficient Mandarin speaker, my parents are from Taiwan) Are there any cool activities (like rafting! I've always wanted to go) people could recommend?
I am spending most of my time in Southern Taiwan, so anything in Central & Northern Taiwan I think would be cool. Like Taroko Gorge (how much would that cost to get driven there?) and visiting Hualien for a couple days!
As of now I am totally flexible about where I'll be spending my time
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 월드카지노노하우ョ≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 2 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 3 hanoi eats
- 4 Vietnam Travel Guide
- 5 Travel Advice to Vietnam
- 6 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 7 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 8 Castle & King tour operator review
- 9 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 10 Chiang Mai
- 11 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 14 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 15 Buying jewelry in India
- 16 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 17 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 18 Phuket Weather
- 19 Mongolia itinerary
- 20 Buying Jewelry in India
- 21 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 22 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 23 New Delhi - What to see?
- 24 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 25 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....