I've posted here about my itinerary for Japan already too but I'll actually be volunteering in Taiwan for a month teaching English (July), but after I return from Japan I will be visiting family in Taipei & Tainan, and hopefully making some side trips for 1-2 days each!
I'll be in Taiwan from August 19 through the 21st and during my last 12 days I definitely want to see as much as possible! I am thinking about spending half of that time in Tainan and half in Taipei, using both cities as a base if I do day trips. I will have already been to Kenting, Alisan, and all that but does anyone have suggestions for other day trips?
I like being in the outdoors but my mom told me that most people will not hike much in the Taiwan summer heat! (As a note, I am a proficient Mandarin speaker, my parents are from Taiwan) Are there any cool activities (like rafting! I've always wanted to go) people could recommend?
I am spending most of my time in Southern Taiwan, so anything in Central & Northern Taiwan I think would be cool. Like Taroko Gorge (how much would that cost to get driven there?) and visiting Hualien for a couple days!
As of now I am totally flexible about where I'll be spending my time
12 days in Taipei & Tainan, recommend any day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 Foreign currency
- 4 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 7 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 8 Favorite travel apps?
- 9 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 10 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 Honeymoon In sept
- 13 Vietnam October 2014
- 14 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 15 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 16 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 17 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 18 Indonesian visa update
- 19 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 20 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 21 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 22 where can i find replica handbags
- 23 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 24 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 25 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?