I've posted here about my itinerary for Japan already too but I'll actually be volunteering in Taiwan for a month teaching English (July), but after I return from Japan I will be visiting family in Taipei & Tainan, and hopefully making some side trips for 1-2 days each!
I'll be in Taiwan from August 19 through the 21st and during my last 12 days I definitely want to see as much as possible! I am thinking about spending half of that time in Tainan and half in Taipei, using both cities as a base if I do day trips. I will have already been to Kenting, Alisan, and all that but does anyone have suggestions for other day trips?
I like being in the outdoors but my mom told me that most people will not hike much in the Taiwan summer heat! (As a note, I am a proficient Mandarin speaker, my parents are from Taiwan) Are there any cool activities (like rafting! I've always wanted to go) people could recommend?
I am spending most of my time in Southern Taiwan, so anything in Central & Northern Taiwan I think would be cool. Like Taroko Gorge (how much would that cost to get driven there?) and visiting Hualien for a couple days!
As of now I am totally flexible about where I'll be spending my time
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Northern India in June
- 2 Travel Suggestions for the Stans and companions requested
- 3 travel to Kuala Lumpur July 4-12
- 4 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 5 Davao Travel and sights, to do's
- 6 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 7 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 8 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 9 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 10 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 11 China itinerary
- 12 Castle & King tour operator review
- 13 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 14 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 15 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 16 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 17 First trip to Japan
- 18 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 19 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 20 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 21 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 22 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 23 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 24 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 25 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson