Can you please provide some feedback and pointers on this 11-day itinerary for me, my wife and our 7-yr old son in late March-early April 2013? Is the pace too hectic for a 7-yr old, and am I seeing way too many temples here? I included the gardens so we could catch Cherry Blossoms.
- Arrive in Tokyo
- Walking the Imperial Moat
- Higashi Gyoen (East Garden) (1 hr)
- Walk and LUNCH in Ginza
- Shinjuku Gyoen
- Meiji Shrine
- Walk and DINNER in Shinjuku Skyscraper District (west of the station)
- Nikko (1 day)
- Rinnoji Temple (visit Shōyō-en Garden)
- Toshogu Shrine
- Futarasan Shrine
- Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- Taiyuin Mausoleum
- Kamakura (1 day)
- Kōtoku-in Temple (see Daibutsu aka Great Buddha)
- Hase Kannon Temple
- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine [only if time permits]
- Leave for Kyoto
- Sanjusangendo Hall
- Kiyomizu Temple (Kiyomizudera) (also, see three-story pagoda and Otowa Falls)
- Jishu Shrine
- Kyoto Craft Center (SHOPPING)
- Nijo Castle (Nijojo) (2-3 hrs) [Enter before 4PM]
- Nara (1 day)
- Kofukuji Temple's Treasure House
- Todaiji Temple with its Great Buddha
- Kasuga Grand Shrine
- Kinkakuji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion) & then a 20min walk to
- Ryoanji Temple (visit early morning) (2-3 hrs)
- Kokedera (Saihoji) [@1PM]
- Maruyama Park (for lit Cherry Blossoms in the night)
- Ginkakuji, the Temple of the Silver Pavilion
- Philosopher's Pathway
- Heian Shrine and Garden (weeping cherry trees)
- Kyoto Handicraft center (BEST SHOPPING!)
- Leave for Tokyo in the AFTERNOON
- Tsukiji Fish Market (1 hr)
- Sumida River Boat to Asakusa (cherry blossom viewing ferry; not pleasure boat)
- Walk through Hama Rikyu Garden
- Walk through Nakamise Dori
- Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo Skytree (TMG) (1 hr)
- Walk through Akihabara
- See lighted cherry blossom trees in Chidorigafuchi (near the Imperial Moat)
- See the famous Shibuya (scramble) crossing (located in front of the Shibuya station Hachikō exit)
- Tokyo National Museum (plan 2 hrs)
- Viewing Cherry Blossoms at Ueno Park
- Depart from Tokyo
11-day itinerary in March-April 2013 for Cherry Blossoms.
- 1 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 2 Kashmir or Nepal
- 3 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 4 Udaipur, India
- 5 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 6 Ipoh
- 7 Hello, Vietnam
- 8 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 9 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 10 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 11 Sri Lanka
- 12 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 13 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 14 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 15 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 16 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 17 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 18 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 19 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 20 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 21 Wildlife Tour of India
- 22 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 23 white sand beaches in thailand
- 24 Trekking the Annapurna Circuit
- 25 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?