Can you please provide some feedback and pointers on this 11-day itinerary for me, my wife and our 7-yr old son in late March-early April 2013? Is the pace too hectic for a 7-yr old, and am I seeing way too many temples here? I included the gardens so we could catch Cherry Blossoms.
- Arrive in Tokyo
- Walking the Imperial Moat
- Higashi Gyoen (East Garden) (1 hr)
- Walk and LUNCH in Ginza
- Shinjuku Gyoen
- Meiji Shrine
- Walk and DINNER in Shinjuku Skyscraper District (west of the station)
- Nikko (1 day)
- Rinnoji Temple (visit Shōyō-en Garden)
- Toshogu Shrine
- Futarasan Shrine
- Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- Taiyuin Mausoleum
- Kamakura (1 day)
- Kōtoku-in Temple (see Daibutsu aka Great Buddha)
- Hase Kannon Temple
- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine [only if time permits]
- Leave for Kyoto
- Sanjusangendo Hall
- Kiyomizu Temple (Kiyomizudera) (also, see three-story pagoda and Otowa Falls)
- Jishu Shrine
- Kyoto Craft Center (SHOPPING)
- Nijo Castle (Nijojo) (2-3 hrs) [Enter before 4PM]
- Nara (1 day)
- Kofukuji Temple's Treasure House
- Todaiji Temple with its Great Buddha
- Kasuga Grand Shrine
- Kinkakuji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion) & then a 20min walk to
- Ryoanji Temple (visit early morning) (2-3 hrs)
- Kokedera (Saihoji) [@1PM]
- Maruyama Park (for lit Cherry Blossoms in the night)
- Ginkakuji, the Temple of the Silver Pavilion
- Philosopher's Pathway
- Heian Shrine and Garden (weeping cherry trees)
- Kyoto Handicraft center (BEST SHOPPING!)
- Leave for Tokyo in the AFTERNOON
- Tsukiji Fish Market (1 hr)
- Sumida River Boat to Asakusa (cherry blossom viewing ferry; not pleasure boat)
- Walk through Hama Rikyu Garden
- Walk through Nakamise Dori
- Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo Skytree (TMG) (1 hr)
- Walk through Akihabara
- See lighted cherry blossom trees in Chidorigafuchi (near the Imperial Moat)
- See the famous Shibuya (scramble) crossing (located in front of the Shibuya station Hachikō exit)
- Tokyo National Museum (plan 2 hrs)
- Viewing Cherry Blossoms at Ueno Park
- Depart from Tokyo
11-day itinerary in March-April 2013 for Cherry Blossoms.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 2 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 3 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 4 A wow spot
- 5 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 6 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 7 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 8 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 9 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 10 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 11 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 12 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 13 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 14 Thailand Hotel HELP
- 15 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 16 Bangkok GTG early November ?
- 17 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 18 Travel during China national week?
- 19 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 20 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 21 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 22 When to go to Japan in April 2015 (blossoms but avoiding Golden Week)
- 23 Burma (Myanmar) proposed itinerary
- 24 climbing in Vietnam
- 25 Vegan food in Japan?