I'm planning to visit Sri Lanka for 10 nights in December. I've been reading a few trip reports and, while I'm waiting for my Sri Lanka bookguide, I've gotten a good idea of what I'd like to visit. So far, I'm interested in Galle (or a beach break somewhere nearby: Mirissa or Unawatuna), Colombo and the cities from the ancient triangle. I was hoping that I could rely on public transportation to do this trip, although I've read on a few trip reports that people have used vans with a driver.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Layover in Hong Kong
- 3 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 4 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 5 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 6 Blooming chart in Japan
- 7 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 8 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 9 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 10 4.5 days in Singapore
- 11 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 12 Italy from an Asian base
- 13 Bus service in Nepal
- 14 Travel to India in May?
- 15 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 16 9 days in Bali
- 17 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 18 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 19 Advice for a newbie!
- 20 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 21 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 22 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 25 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?