We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) going to Japan for the first time.
We arrive Tokyo on June 14 (Wednesday) in the afternoon and leave from Tokyo in the afternoon on June 23rd (Friday). All we know is we want to spend time in Tokyo and Kyoto. We are active and adventuresome and are open to ideas of what to do! We all like the outdoors! The kids are also interested in... son (14) looking for vintage records (does this each place we travel), daughter (17) fashion and theater, daughter (22) museums & nightlife. Parents... just want to be somewhere interesting!
I am curious how many days/nights we need in Tokyo and Kyoto, and if we can throw in an "off the beaten path" side trip for a day or two, and if so, where??
Also, any recommendations on areas to stay, things to do, tours to take, etc, etc, etc are GREATLY welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 2 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 3 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 4 Thai Elephants
- 5 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 6 Mumbai short visit
- 7 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 8 Phuket Beaches
- 9 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 10 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 11 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 12 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 13 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 14 Japan Itinerary!
- 15 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 16 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 17 Thailand Guides
- 18 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 19 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 20 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 21 India itinerary critique please
- 22 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 23 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 24 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 25 Magical India