We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) going to Japan for the first time.
We arrive Tokyo on June 14 (Wednesday) in the afternoon and leave from Tokyo in the afternoon on June 23rd (Friday). All we know is we want to spend time in Tokyo and Kyoto. We are active and adventuresome and are open to ideas of what to do! We all like the outdoors! The kids are also interested in... son (14) looking for vintage records (does this each place we travel), daughter (17) fashion and theater, daughter (22) museums & nightlife. Parents... just want to be somewhere interesting!
I am curious how many days/nights we need in Tokyo and Kyoto, and if we can throw in an "off the beaten path" side trip for a day or two, and if so, where??
Also, any recommendations on areas to stay, things to do, tours to take, etc, etc, etc are GREATLY welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 4 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 5 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Kerala trip
- 8 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 9 E Visa for India?
- 10 1-2 months South East Asia
- 11 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 12 Help - India.
- 13 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 14 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 15 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 16 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 17 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 18 Side trips from Taipei
- 19 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 20 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 21 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 22 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 23 Thailand Advice Please
- 24 The Indian money crunch.
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014