We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) going to Japan for the first time.
We arrive Tokyo on June 14 (Wednesday) in the afternoon and leave from Tokyo in the afternoon on June 23rd (Friday). All we know is we want to spend time in Tokyo and Kyoto. We are active and adventuresome and are open to ideas of what to do! We all like the outdoors! The kids are also interested in... son (14) looking for vintage records (does this each place we travel), daughter (17) fashion and theater, daughter (22) museums & nightlife. Parents... just want to be somewhere interesting!
I am curious how many days/nights we need in Tokyo and Kyoto, and if we can throw in an "off the beaten path" side trip for a day or two, and if so, where??
Also, any recommendations on areas to stay, things to do, tours to take, etc, etc, etc are GREATLY welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.skin4up.com/levira-ageless-facial-serum/
- 2 where to stay in Busan
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 First time to India
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 7 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 8 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR