I am new to Fodor's and I am hoping to get some advice on a trip to Thailand! I wouldn't be going until November 2016 but like to be organised so i am trying to get a plan down pat early. It would most likely be a family trip with my partner, my dad and my brother. Possibly my sister (however, she would have a 1 year old... so jury is still out on that). We are all in our 20's with the exception of my dad who is in his early 40's. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
Fly out of Sydney
3 nights Bangkok
3 nights Chang Mai
2 nights (Koh Samui, Phi Phi Island or Krabi)
2 nights Phuket
Fly into Sydney
Question 1: Does this seem appropriate? i am not sure wether to see Phi Phi Island, Koh Samui or Krabi or if people might have another place in mind? I am honestly looking for somewhere to snorkel, maybe dive, kayak and generally unwind and explore.
Question 2: Would taking a 1 year old be nearly impossible?
Any other opinions people have or any feedback on this itinerary please let me know! This would be my first trip where I am planning without going on a tour or cruise ship.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 3 Japan Rail Pass
- 4 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 5 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 11 Sri Lanka May
- 12 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 13 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 14 Japan rough itinerary
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 17 Japan for Foodies
- 18 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 19 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 20 One night in Osaka
- 21 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 22 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 23 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 24 Singapore weather in August/September
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR