I am new to Fodor's and I am hoping to get some advice on a trip to Thailand! I wouldn't be going until November 2016 but like to be organised so i am trying to get a plan down pat early. It would most likely be a family trip with my partner, my dad and my brother. Possibly my sister (however, she would have a 1 year old... so jury is still out on that). We are all in our 20's with the exception of my dad who is in his early 40's. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
Fly out of Sydney
3 nights Bangkok
3 nights Chang Mai
2 nights (Koh Samui, Phi Phi Island or Krabi)
2 nights Phuket
Fly into Sydney
Question 1: Does this seem appropriate? i am not sure wether to see Phi Phi Island, Koh Samui or Krabi or if people might have another place in mind? I am honestly looking for somewhere to snorkel, maybe dive, kayak and generally unwind and explore.
Question 2: Would taking a 1 year old be nearly impossible?
Any other opinions people have or any feedback on this itinerary please let me know! This would be my first trip where I am planning without going on a tour or cruise ship.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://supplementeffects.com/amabella/
- 2 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 3 Thai Elephants
- 4 Top 5 weekend gateways with Family from Delhi
- 5 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 8 Mumbai short visit
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Phuket Beaches
- 11 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 14 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 15 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 16 Japan Itinerary!
- 17 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 18 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 19 Thailand Guides
- 20 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 21 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 22 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 23 India itinerary critique please
- 24 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 25 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali