me and my girlfriend are planning to have a 'different' holiday next year (rather than the usual all inclusive beach resort type), and are thinking Thailand.. We'd be going at the end of March (which i understand will be hot) , as she is a teacher and our holidays are restricted to school holiays...
I've seen package multi centre trips for c£1000-1500 which seem pretty good, but reading these boards you seem to suggest that DIY-ing it is cheaper and probably a better way of going about this?
The plan is (hopefully) to do 2 days in Bangkok, 2-3 days in Chaing Mai, then 4-6 on a beach / island...
A few questions;
How many days should we spend in Chaing Mai?
I was thinking a night train from Bangkok to Chaing Mai would be cheaper, and travelling in the night saves a day or so travelling, also, I'm a train geek....
Beach / Island is an open book, and I'm open to any suggestions, not really wanting / needing anywhere with massive nightlife, would prefer more unspoilt places, with enough decent places to eat...
We'll probably want to do some tours, cookery schools etc whilst we're there, are these best booked in advance or when we're there?
That's just a vague plan though, so any suggestions, pointers, recommendations etc are very much welcome.
Thank You in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 토토총판하는법 (kakao: BL45~텔레그램 : kor7m)
- 2 Dell @printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech C*Are 24/7
- 3 Something about... Malaysia
- 4 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 5 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 8 Budget Servied Apt
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Terracotta Warriors
- 11 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 12 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 13 hiking japan sept
- 14 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 15 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 16 The best way to My Son
- 17 Japan Itinerary!
- 18 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 19 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 20 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 21 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 22 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 23 Japan rough itinerary
- 24 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 25 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas