Fist time posting on this site after buying the Fodor'sTravel Japan book, I thought I would be more involved on the site due to the extended trip I am planning for May of 2015 to Japan for 17 days.
I am posting here because I am wondering what would be the best way to see all of Japan in 10 days, should I travel North first or South first? My girlfriend and I of 6 years will be flying into NRT midday.
What are people's opinions on staying in Tokyo for a day or two vs leaving Tokyo and head North or South immediately after a nights rest?
The Trip needs to start and end in Tokyo and also be 10 full days long with 2 half days, one 1/2 day before we adventure Japan and 1/2 day after to prep for Okinawa for the remainder of our trip.
Is there a benefit of going North or South first?
Let me know your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laos planning.
- 2 To do or not to do - trek in Nepal
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Bye bye SE Asia
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 10 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 11 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 12 Japan Rail Pass
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Sri Lanka May
- 17 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 18 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 19 Japan rough itinerary
- 20 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 21 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 22 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 23 One night in Osaka
- 24 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 25 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report