Fist time posting on this site after buying the Fodor'sTravel Japan book, I thought I would be more involved on the site due to the extended trip I am planning for May of 2015 to Japan for 17 days.
I am posting here because I am wondering what would be the best way to see all of Japan in 10 days, should I travel North first or South first? My girlfriend and I of 6 years will be flying into NRT midday.
What are people's opinions on staying in Tokyo for a day or two vs leaving Tokyo and head North or South immediately after a nights rest?
The Trip needs to start and end in Tokyo and also be 10 full days long with 2 half days, one 1/2 day before we adventure Japan and 1/2 day after to prep for Okinawa for the remainder of our trip.
Is there a benefit of going North or South first?
Let me know your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 North India Itinerary advice
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 4 Bali private driver recommendation
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?