Fist time posting on this site after buying the Fodor'sTravel Japan book, I thought I would be more involved on the site due to the extended trip I am planning for May of 2015 to Japan for 17 days.
I am posting here because I am wondering what would be the best way to see all of Japan in 10 days, should I travel North first or South first? My girlfriend and I of 6 years will be flying into NRT midday.
What are people's opinions on staying in Tokyo for a day or two vs leaving Tokyo and head North or South immediately after a nights rest?
The Trip needs to start and end in Tokyo and also be 10 full days long with 2 half days, one 1/2 day before we adventure Japan and 1/2 day after to prep for Okinawa for the remainder of our trip.
Is there a benefit of going North or South first?
Let me know your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Java Classes in Pune
- 2 Himachal Pradesh
- 3 Phuket Beaches
- 4 India itinerary critique please
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 8 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 9 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Magical India
- 12 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 13 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 14 Vientiane and ??
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 17 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 18 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 19 Luggage size China ?
- 20 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 21 Thai Elephants
- 22 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 23 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 24 Sri Lanka in August
- 25 Self-drive in Thailand?