My husband and I are going to Cambodia for the first time and bringing our 6 year old daughter. We only have 7 1/2 days and are then going on to Thailand. I am hoping to get a bit of feedback on my itinerary -- thoughts/ideas/suggestions all welcome. Also, budget to mid-range hotel suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Arrive in PP on Oct 29. We are looking to stay at Billabong, VMansion or The 252 -- all seem to have family rooms. We arrive in the am so was thinking we would explore a tiny bit (maybe Wat Phnom or the Russian Market) but mostly stay at the pool and recover from the long flight from Canada. And a meal at Friends the Restaurant.
With our one full day in PP, were going to head to Phnom Tamao wildlife sanctuary - was thinking going with a tour would be best to make it easy... looking at Betel Nut Tours. (not thinking of going to Tuol Sleng or S21 just because I think it may be too much for our 6 yr, old)
For our second 1/2 day was thinking of maybe just walking around the city or taking a cruise with Phocea Mekon. Any thoughts?
We will have 5 full days to play with in or around Siem Reap. I was thinking the following:
Angkor Wat - thinking we should get a guide for a 1/2 day tour -- thoughts? Any suggestions of companies?
Angkor Thom - is a guide a good idea?
Other temples we should make sure to see (given that we have a 6 year old with us?)
Phare Circus - was going to book on our own and then take a tuk tuk or taxi
Ox cart tour with buffalotrails OR Tour with Bees Unlimited – Discover Cambodia tour (Any thoughts on these two? Other interesting tours that you would recommend?)
Was also thinking we could take a day trip to either Lake Tonle Sap (Kampong Phluk) or to Battambang -- was thinking we should not do both so we have 4 full days in Siem Reap... Does that make sense to folks? Recognizing they are both very different, any suggestions for Tonle Sap vs. Battambang or do you think it is worth doing both and having only 3 days in Siem Reap?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions. We are so excited to head to SE Asia!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://xtrfact.com/hydralie-ageless-moisturizer/
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Japan rough itinerary
- 4 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 7 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 8 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 9 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 10 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 11 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 12 Bye bye SE Asia
- 13 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 14 One night in Osaka
- 15 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 16 Laos planning.
- 17 Impressions of India
- 18 Japan - costs
- 19 Japan for Foodies
- 20 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 21 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 22 Japan Rail Pass
- 23 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 24 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 25 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018