I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 14 days in Myanmar
- 4 Harbin in mid March
- 5 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 6 Changing planes at Dubai
- 7 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 10 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 11 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 12 Indian Food Series
- 13 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 14 "necessities" for India
- 15 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 16 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 17 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Short trip to Myanmar
- 22 ATMs in Japan
- 23 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 24 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 25 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report