I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
1 Month In India, New Delhi & Uttarakhand.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 2 Myanmar itinerary help
- 3 6 full days in Yagoon
- 4 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 5 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 6 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 7 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 8 A wow spot
- 9 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 10 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 11 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 12 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 13 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 14 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 15 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 18 Thailand Hotel HELP
- 19 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 20 Bangkok GTG early November ?
- 21 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 25 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina