I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
1 Month In India, New Delhi & Uttarakhand.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 2 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 3 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 4 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 7 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 8 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 9 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 10 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 11 Nepal
- 12 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 13 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 14 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 15 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 16 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 17 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 18 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 19 1st time Japan - solo female
- 20 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 23 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 24 Odyssey unlimited
- 25 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?