I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
1 Month In India, New Delhi & Uttarakhand.
- 1 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 2 Hanoi airport transfer to Hotel
- 3 Buying Jewelry in India
- 4 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 5 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 6 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 7 Cell Phones in India
- 8 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 9 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 10 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 11 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 12 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 13 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 14 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 15 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 16 Kashmir or Nepal
- 17 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 18 Wildlife Tour of India
- 19 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 20 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 21 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 22 white sand beaches in thailand
- 23 Udaipur, India
- 24 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 25 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore