I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/revi-spa-cream/
- 2 Fast Service Provider of Packers and Movers in Bangalore
- 3 Reliable Packers and Mover in Bhopal
- 4 Best Packers and Movers in Ghaziabad
- 5 Bali airport transportation
- 6 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 9 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 10 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 11 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 14 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 15 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 16 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 17 Hoi An in December?
- 18 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 19 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 20 Passport for Indonesia
- 21 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 22 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 23 Is this crazy?
- 24 Dollar traveller cheques
- 25 Jews in China. Who knew?