I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 5 A great trip in India
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 7 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 8 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 9 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 10 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 11 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 12 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 14 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 15 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 16 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 17 Hanoi Hotel
- 18 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 19 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 20 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 21 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 22 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 23 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 24 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 25 Earthquake in Myanmar