I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 2 Japan Itinerary!
- 3 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 4 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 5 Mumbai short visit
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Thailand Guides
- 8 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 9 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 10 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 11 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Phuket Beaches
- 14 India itinerary critique please
- 15 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 16 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 20 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 24 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 25 Luggage size China ?