I am travelling to India in the middle of September. I am a 24 year old female and I'm going it alone.
I arrive into New Delhi first where I'll probably stay a day or two just to recover from the flight! I can see that it would make sense to book a hotel/hostel before I arrive, but having said that I am most definitely on a budget and feel like I may be able to get it a lot cheaper on foot. Can anyone recommend anywhere mid range i suppose, comfortable enough but still quite cheap! I'm guessing about £10 a night is mid-range is that correct?
After that I'm heading up to Uttarakhand, I know this is the region I want but again I have done very little research. Can anyone recommend A; beautiful, safe and not overly touristy places to go B; best travel methods & rough costs C; rough daily living expenses in the region. D; rough climate in the area?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to become very aware of my lack of preparation and don't want it to spoil my trip!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 2 Myanmar
- 3 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 4 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 5 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 6 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 7 Toraja
- 8 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 9 Our second Japan trip
- 10 Anyone used Tours China (www.tourschina.com)?
- 11 Visa for Vietnam for Canadians
- 12 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 13 Winter Hokkaido Trip
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 17 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 18 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 19 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 20 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 21 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 22 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 23 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 24 Thailand Assistance
- 25 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park