Would love some pointers on how to spend a day in HongKong sightseeing and taking in the city and food. We have kids and will have a bit of luggage (4 large bags). Not interested in theme parks or kid specific activities as such. Arriving in HK at 10pm on Day 1 and flying out at 6pm on Day 2, so we have from say 8am to 3pm.
Some questions I am having a hard time figuring answers to
1. Stay at the airport or stay on HK island? Do not want to haul the bags more than I have to. If taking the Airport Express how do I figure which hotels are near the HK Airport Express station.
2. Have heard a lot about the dim sum. Any recommendations for breakfast / lunch. My wife is vegetarian.
3. How much time to budget for the peak?
4. Any other must do's?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 14 days in Myanmar
- 3 Short trip to Myanmar
- 4 ATMs in Japan
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 7 Changing planes at Dubai
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 10 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 11 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 12 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 13 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 14 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 15 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 16 Mandalay questions
- 17 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 18 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 19 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 20 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 21 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 22 Help - India take 2
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 CNX late arrival?
- 25 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos