I'm a 26 year old male looking to spend up to 30 days in Laos from mid April to mid May. I don't need to spend the full 30 days there, but if there's enough to see and do there I might as well use the full 30 days.
I'll be backpacking and travelling relatively cheaply.
I'll be starting in Huay Xai in the north and working my way south through Laos and then into Cambodia where I'll be spending up to 30 days as well depending on how much there is to see/do there.
I'm mainly interested in hitting the main destinations and not moving around too often. I like to spend 3-4 days in most places unless it's a small city with not a lot to do then I'll spend 1-2 nights.
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 First time to India
- 4 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 First time getting out of the country
- 7 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 8 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 9 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 10 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 11 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 12 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 13 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 14 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 15 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 16 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 17 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 18 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 19 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 20 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 21 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 22 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 23 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 24 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 25 November, March, June... Japan?