Currently I live in Oslo, Norway but am from the U.S. I am due to have my first baby next week and booked tickets for my mom to fly over here. I wasn't really thinking about it when I booked the tickets, but I booked them under the name Kim instead of Kimberly which is the name that is on her passport. I called American Airlines but they told me that they couldn't change the name on the tickets and that I would need to contact the company I booked the tickets through. I called them, and they said there was nothing they could do except make a notation stating that her name is Kimberly and not Kim. I called AA back, they told me that the booking company WOULD be able to make the change, and that there were instructions on how to do so on their website. I called the booking company yet again, they called U.S. Airways themselves (she is flying AA and then switching to BA in London), and they told the booking company they could not actually change the name on the tickets, only make notations. The notations do not guarantee she'll be able to fly though.
The lady at the booking company told me to go to the airline companies websites, and put in all of her passport information including the correct, unshortened version of her name. I went to do so and it looks like it's already been done.
I guess my question is has anyone had any similar experiences? And if so, were you able to fly? I am really freaking out over this, as, if she can't come and share in this experience with me I'll be absolutely devastated, not to mention the large amount of money I've spent on these tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Miami International Airport
- 2 Question on checkin for international
- 3 travelling with ensure
- 4 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 5 Connection time
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 7 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 8 Award travel and fees
- 9 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 10 PHL layover
- 11 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 12 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 13 searching for flights on Kayak
- 14 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 15 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 16 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 17 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 18 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 19 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 20 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 21 Renewal of Global Entry
- 22 added cost on BA tickets
- 23 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 24 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 25 KLM/Delta flight