I have been reading post after post here, and I am befuddled why in the world you people are not booking with travel agents. You say because we can not offer the lower fares you find on the net. Well don't blame us for it, that is the airlines trying to monopolize the air transportation industry. We have been screaming about it for ever now. But until people like you get involved, we will continue to beat ourself's against brick walls...over 99% of the problem's I have read about here in this forum could have been eliminated had you just used a travel agent. When will you wise up? Is it because we charge service fee's. You bet we do, would you work for free? Didn't think so. Do you think we get to keep the $300.00 you pay us for a ticket...your very wrong, we would make exactly $14.00 off a ticket at that price, the rest goes right to the a/l's. And we have overhead costs to maintain, and $14.00 is a drop in the bucket. We would have to run, 100's of tickets a month at that ratio. So don't blame us, we are bound by anti-trust laws, but we are not privy to them. Remember without a travel agent you are on your own.
WHY DON'T YOU BOOK WITH A TRAVEL AGENT
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Visas and flight diversions
- 3 Half Empty Airliner
- 4 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 5 AA or BA to OSL
- 6 Non Refundable Tickets
- 7 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 8 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 9 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 10 AA and USair
- 11 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 12 Ailine security- a strange question
- 13 Paris-London-Dublin
- 14 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 15 Should I purchase now?
- 16 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 17 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 18 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 19 Duty Free Liquor
- 20 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 21 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 24 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage
- 25 connecting flight in Frankfurt how long a layover is necessary