I am going to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23rd. I used united airline ff miles to secure two business class tickets.
My route is LAX to Charlotte on USAIR, then Charlotte to Munich, Munich to Pisa on Lufthansa. Obviously I will be monitoring it from home until sept 10th.
Our route home is Genoa to Munich, Munich to Charlotte on Lufthansa and Charlotte to LAX on USAir.
My concern is if I am in Italy and they strike what will happen? I will not have a phone but will have my iPad and Internet service at hotels. Will Lufthansa automatically rebook us or do I have to make new flights? since I used ff miles what if I can not fly back business, will UA make an adjustment in my acct? I know that will be the least of my problems if they strike.
Thank you for any info you can give me. I have been very lucky and have not had this happen in our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 2 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 3 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 4 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 5 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 6 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 7 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 8 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 9 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 10 Documents for E-tickets?
- 11 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 12 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 13 Enough time
- 14 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 15 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 16 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 17 BA economy premiun seats
- 18 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 19 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 20 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 21 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 Voice calls during flights?
- 24 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 25 altitude sickness on a plane?
What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?