I am going to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23rd. I used united airline ff miles to secure two business class tickets.
My route is LAX to Charlotte on USAIR, then Charlotte to Munich, Munich to Pisa on Lufthansa. Obviously I will be monitoring it from home until sept 10th.
Our route home is Genoa to Munich, Munich to Charlotte on Lufthansa and Charlotte to LAX on USAir.
My concern is if I am in Italy and they strike what will happen? I will not have a phone but will have my iPad and Internet service at hotels. Will Lufthansa automatically rebook us or do I have to make new flights? since I used ff miles what if I can not fly back business, will UA make an adjustment in my acct? I know that will be the least of my problems if they strike.
Thank you for any info you can give me. I have been very lucky and have not had this happen in our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 2 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 3 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 4 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 5 Carry on
- 6 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 7 WestJet to add budget line
- 8 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 9 gate distance
- 10 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 11 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 12 Luggage tag
- 13 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 14 Departing FCO
- 15 carryon fee on international flights?
- 16 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 17 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 18 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 19 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
- 20 AirAsia not accepting payment
- 21 enough time for this flight?
- 22 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!
- 23 5 hour layover in Toronto (YYZ). Can I leave airport?
- 24 Passport suffix
- 25 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?