I am going to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23rd. I used united airline ff miles to secure two business class tickets.
My route is LAX to Charlotte on USAIR, then Charlotte to Munich, Munich to Pisa on Lufthansa. Obviously I will be monitoring it from home until sept 10th.
Our route home is Genoa to Munich, Munich to Charlotte on Lufthansa and Charlotte to LAX on USAir.
My concern is if I am in Italy and they strike what will happen? I will not have a phone but will have my iPad and Internet service at hotels. Will Lufthansa automatically rebook us or do I have to make new flights? since I used ff miles what if I can not fly back business, will UA make an adjustment in my acct? I know that will be the least of my problems if they strike.
Thank you for any info you can give me. I have been very lucky and have not had this happen in our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Bad and last experience on Air Namibia
- 2 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 3 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 4 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 5 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 6 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 7 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 8 Miami International Airport
- 9 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 10 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 11 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 12 Question on checkin for international
- 13 travelling with ensure
- 14 Connection time
- 15 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 16 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 17 Award travel and fees
- 18 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 19 PHL layover
- 20 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 21 searching for flights on Kayak
- 22 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 23 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 24 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?