I am going to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23rd. I used united airline ff miles to secure two business class tickets.
My route is LAX to Charlotte on USAIR, then Charlotte to Munich, Munich to Pisa on Lufthansa. Obviously I will be monitoring it from home until sept 10th.
Our route home is Genoa to Munich, Munich to Charlotte on Lufthansa and Charlotte to LAX on USAir.
My concern is if I am in Italy and they strike what will happen? I will not have a phone but will have my iPad and Internet service at hotels. Will Lufthansa automatically rebook us or do I have to make new flights? since I used ff miles what if I can not fly back business, will UA make an adjustment in my acct? I know that will be the least of my problems if they strike.
Thank you for any info you can give me. I have been very lucky and have not had this happen in our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Advice Please
- 2 Aiports in Paris
- 3 International flights to Uganda
- 4 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 5 Laguardia hassle?
- 6 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 7 U.S Passport Photos-- Okay to Smile?
- 8 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 9 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 10 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 11 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 12 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 13 Parking at JFK
- 14 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 15 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 16 Justfly.com
- 17 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 18 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 19 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 20 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 21 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 22 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 23 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 24 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 25 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?