I am going to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23rd. I used united airline ff miles to secure two business class tickets.
My route is LAX to Charlotte on USAIR, then Charlotte to Munich, Munich to Pisa on Lufthansa. Obviously I will be monitoring it from home until sept 10th.
Our route home is Genoa to Munich, Munich to Charlotte on Lufthansa and Charlotte to LAX on USAir.
My concern is if I am in Italy and they strike what will happen? I will not have a phone but will have my iPad and Internet service at hotels. Will Lufthansa automatically rebook us or do I have to make new flights? since I used ff miles what if I can not fly back business, will UA make an adjustment in my acct? I know that will be the least of my problems if they strike.
Thank you for any info you can give me. I have been very lucky and have not had this happen in our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 2 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 3 Traveling to Spain in March
- 4 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 5 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 6 Google Flights ?
- 7 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 8 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 9 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 10 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 11 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 12 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 13 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 14 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 15 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 16 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 17 Flying "Backwards"
- 18 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 19 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 20 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 21 Delta and Virgin
- 22 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 23 Newark connection
- 24 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 25 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?