In April 2014 I book a trip to my mother land which is Iraq for July 15th to August 15th and then i booked another one for my father for June 25 to October 29th. This is a very large amount I am paying for all these tickets so to protect myself I purchased Travelguard. When I first purchased my tickets of course there was nothing out of the ordinary going on in Iraq. Then all of the sudden out of no where with not even 20 days left for my dad's departure and I hear on the news that a terrorist group had taken over the second largest city in Iraq. The had taken over Mosul which is one of the cities I visit because I still have lots of family in Iraq. Then I emailed Travelguard to get a refund on all the tickets, in turn they told me to file the claim which I did and explain to them that it was unsafe for us to go there do to all the events going on. it has even been declared on the US consulate website that no American citizens go to Iraq, there is a travel warning on the country. then weeks after my claim Travelguard analysis agent calls me and leaves a voicemail stating that my claim has been denied because in there policy it states that they do not cover for civil unrest it has to be deemed as terrorist acts. Since that voicemail I called and spoke to a live agent and explaining to them that there as to be some sort of misunderstanding because if you watch the news it is all over the news there is no way it is safe to go back and the US consulate has even put the travel warning on the country for the US citizens. Travelguard still insist that they cannot issue the refund because it is not deemed a terrorist act. does anyone know what can be done at this point? please help any thing that i can do I will try to do anything because it is a big amount. i would hate to lose out on it.
thank you very much for your time with this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 2 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 3 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 4 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 5 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 6 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 7 Documents for E-tickets?
- 8 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 9 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 10 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 11 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 12 Enough time
- 13 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 14 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 15 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 16 BA economy premiun seats
- 17 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 18 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 19 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 20 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 21 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 22 Voice calls during flights?
- 23 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 24 altitude sickness on a plane?
- 25 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help