Brief interview with a guy from Airfarewatchdog-dot-com about the kinds of behaviors that can get you kicked off a plane by the crew (pretty obvious stuff, for the most part) and what you can do about it--which is not much, it turns out.
You can file a complaint with the Department of Transportation--good luck with that--or go on social media and make a stink; or you can meekly try to work with the airline to get yourself rebooked instead of stranded.
Of course if you were way out of line, you deserve to be stranded, I think we can all agree on that. But I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more options for disputing the crew's decision to kick you off, for those cases which are more grey.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Anybody Flown AA Main Cabin Extra on the 789?
- 2 Flight Honolulu to New York
- 3 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 4 Voice calls during flights?
- 5 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 6 meal service on 10:30 pm deaprture?
- 7 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 8 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 9 Traveling to Spain in March
- 10 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 11 Google Flights ?
- 12 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 13 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 14 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 15 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 16 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 17 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 18 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 19 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 20 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 21 Flying "Backwards"
- 22 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 23 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 24 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 25 Delta and Virgin