Hi. Does anyone every order special meals on flights? Usually I just eat whatever is handed to me, but I am also usually on short flights so if the food is gross I don't have to go too lond w/out eating. However, next week we are flying to London (on American), so I am more worried about the food this time. I have heard that ordering a special meal is the way to go to get better food quality. I am not a huge meat eater to begin with (and especially not the meat on airlines!) so I am thinking of order vegetarian meals. Has anyone done this? How far in advance or how soon can it be ordered (I think I read it has to be at least 72 hours in advance, yes?) Are they usually happy to accommodate and what kind of food can I expect if I order vegetarian? Thanks.
vegetarian meal on flight?
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Worst US airline?
- 2 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 3 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 4 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 5 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 6 Buying business and coach tickets
- 7 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 8 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 9 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 10 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 11 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 12 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 13 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 14 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 15 Beware of Bravofly
- 16 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 17 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 18 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 19 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna
- 20 Continue on or stopover?
- 21 Breaking up a flight
- 22 Best routing on AA or BA; BOS/PMO; Business Class Award tix for 2; May 2014
- 23 Flying to the US with engagement ring.
- 24 aadvantage website
- 25 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London