Hi. Does anyone every order special meals on flights? Usually I just eat whatever is handed to me, but I am also usually on short flights so if the food is gross I don't have to go too lond w/out eating. However, next week we are flying to London (on American), so I am more worried about the food this time. I have heard that ordering a special meal is the way to go to get better food quality. I am not a huge meat eater to begin with (and especially not the meat on airlines!) so I am thinking of order vegetarian meals. Has anyone done this? How far in advance or how soon can it be ordered (I think I read it has to be at least 72 hours in advance, yes?) Are they usually happy to accommodate and what kind of food can I expect if I order vegetarian? Thanks.
vegetarian meal on flight?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Mobile Board Passes--
- 2 Business Class Summer Sales
- 3 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 4 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 5 AA or BA to OSL
- 6 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 7 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 8 Visas and flight diversions
- 9 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 10 Half Empty Airliner
- 11 Non Refundable Tickets
- 12 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 13 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 14 AA and USair
- 15 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 16 Ailine security- a strange question
- 17 Paris-London-Dublin
- 18 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 19 Should I purchase now?
- 20 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 21 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 22 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 23 Duty Free Liquor
- 24 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 25 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports