We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Using travel guard insurance
- 1 Beware of Bravofly
- 2 Flights to Europe
- 3 What do I owe to a Travel Agent?
- 4 Flight connection in Brussels: Help!!
- 5 Great coffee
- 6 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 7 US customs forms questions
- 8 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 9 LAX customs HELP
- 10 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 11 flights to israel from ny
- 12 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 13 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 14 easyJet cabin baggage
- 15 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 16 Award Availability
- 17 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 20 Expedia points?
- 21 Traveling with Cremains
- 22 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 23 self check in kiosks
- 24 How does duty free shopping work?
- 25 TSA comment period open until June 24