We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Connecting flight through Amsterdam
- 2 Long layover in PHL
- 3 Boarding US-bound Flight with Expired Green Card
- 4 Praise for Delta One
- 5 Good air fare?
- 6 Southwest and pax rights
- 7 American vs United
- 8 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 9 immigration passport control
- 10 international flight luggage pick-up waiting time
- 11 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 12 Unable to Purchase on Spirit Airline?
- 13 IAH layover time
- 14 Immigration Control When Connecting Through Europe
- 15 CDG Air France flight connection to Madrid
- 16 How Would You Rate Iberia Air Customer Service?
- 17 The Top 100 Airlines
- 18 Can a person go home at a transit
- 19 Caution while booking a ticket on rcg.se
- 20 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 21 Departure Times - Can These Be Confirmed?
- 22 TSA pre check -received in mail within 8 days
- 23 Police Raids in Ryanair Bases in Germany
- 24 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 25 Serious problem with Expedia.com