We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 2 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 3 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 4 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 5 Carry on
- 6 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 7 WestJet to add budget line
- 8 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 9 gate distance
- 10 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 11 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 12 Luggage tag
- 13 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 14 Departing FCO
- 15 carryon fee on international flights?
- 16 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 17 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 18 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 19 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
- 20 AirAsia not accepting payment
- 21 enough time for this flight?
- 22 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!
- 23 5 hour layover in Toronto (YYZ). Can I leave airport?
- 24 Passport suffix
- 25 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?