We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flight to Kolkata India
- 2 Houston Airport - United Airlines
- 3 KLM refund process - not good!
- 4 Beach Ball headrest?
- 5 Booking SNAFU with Qatar Airways
- 6 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 7 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 8 Anyone tried Turkish Airlines for long flights before?
- 9 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 10 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 11 Turkish Airlines - Leg disappeared
- 12 I hour connection Heathrow
- 13 AA seat assignments
- 14 AA Business Class on 777
- 15 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 16 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 17 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 18 SkyLux - Anyone have Feedback??
- 19 Rome To Sardinia
- 20 Do I have time to recheck bags in Athens and make my flight
- 21 Has anyone heard of Dealber?
- 22 Baggage Checked-through on Non-* Alliance?
- 23 name on ticket and passport
- 24 Best Multi-City Booking Site?
- 25 Changing flights in LAX from international to Domestic