We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Southwest Airlines questions
- 2 Anyone on SQ 403 Singapore Airlines 10th Oct
- 3 Cathay Vs. What Other Airline for nervous flyer (NYC>HKA)
- 4 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 5 Is Alitalia that bad?
- 6 flights to Basel
- 7 Air Berlin and Brussels Airlines questions
- 8 Interesting piece on why and how airlines are making you miserable
- 9 2 airlines baggage transfer
- 10 KLM carry on restrictions
- 11 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 12 REVIEW: Cathay Pacific Business Class
- 13 Small seats - big passengers
- 14 REVIEW: Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
- 15 Iceland/Alaska Air new partnership
- 16 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 17 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 18 Volaris ticket purchase
- 19 Alitalia
- 20 Reviews of Aer Lingus
- 21 Allegiant Ai
- 22 Ditching second and third legs on a one-way ticket
- 23 Warning if flying Etihad Airways
- 24 No more foreign conversion fees on my AA card?
- 25 Herbs and Spices