We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Sandwiches on the plane
- 3 Times article on LaGuardia
- 4 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 5 Norwegian Airlines, price too good to be true?
- 6 JFK to EWR
- 7 Flying "Backwards"
- 8 Zurich Airport
- 9 Best ideas to pack in your carry on?
- 10 Do I have to change terminals in Zurich?
- 11 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 12 Kansas City to Bonaire
- 13 KLM is unfair to vegetarians!
- 14 Stopvers Using UA Miles
- 15 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 16 Confused on Seeing AA Upgrades
- 17 Madrid airport transfer from T4S to T1:Avianca to Egypt Air
- 18 Airline Benefits: How does PTO work?
- 19 What Would You Do re Connection Time
- 20 depart to london the earliest in the morning
- 21 American vs United
- 22 Flying on AA into Sicily
- 23 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 24 Your experience with Interjet
- 25 Changing name on return Delta ticket