We booked our flight from Calgary to Delhi through Yatra.com back in October. Bought travel guard insurance 2 days before our departure. On the day of departure my husband go sick (night before). Went to the door and were advised not safe to travel, stomach flu! So, now I try to contact Yatra to cancel my flight but were told, it's with the airlines, so you need to cal them. Tried the claims department at Travel Guard, but they are closed on weekend. Tried klm, and they cancelled my outward journey but nt the return and told me that I have only Today to either rebook or lose all my money. They don't have anything available for my other options, o for me the bet thing right now is to cancel the flight but the airlin won't give my money back. So, what can I do? My insurance coverage says sickness is a covered reason. Do I just sit back and wait for claims department? It's a big $8000 amount, so really nervous about it. Please guide.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Customs question
- 2 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 3 "under the seat space"
- 4 Global Entry application status question
- 5 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 6 Contact # for Delta
- 7 Using american voucher
- 8 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 9 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 10 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 11 Southwest boarding
- 12 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 13 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 14 Starting my Planning
- 15 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 16 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 17 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 18 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 19 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 20 UA Carry-On Policy
- 21 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 22 Customs and Connection Times
- 23 BA short turnaround time
- 24 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 25 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status