Continental will not let me use miles and cash to upgrade one leg (US to France) of our United/Continental codeshare trip because I purchased the whole trip on the United web site and that flight is listed as United operated by Continental. United won't let me upgrade from their end because it is a Continental flight. Continental tells me to have United make the codeshare a "pure" Continental flight so my upgrade can be applied. United tells me they can do that, but will have to re-price the whole trip. I don't get it. Why would it matter to United if I pay for an upgrade on Continental?
I was able to pay for extra leg room on the very same Continental flight (through Continental web site), but now they can't process a ff+cash upgrade request?
ai yi yi.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 2 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 3 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 4 Traveling to Spain in March
- 5 Google Flights ?
- 6 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 7 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 8 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 9 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 10 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 11 Flying "Backwards"
- 12 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 13 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 14 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 15 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 16 Delta and Virgin
- 17 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 18 Newark connection
- 19 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 20 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 21 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
- 22 Cooperating with Airport Security
- 23 SMF to NCE or CDG
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?