Ok its been quite a while since I cashed in a FF award to travel to Europe or Asia. I was going to use my BA FF miles for two tickets to Paris until I saw that they were going to charge me $1,000. Ok so I switched to AA FF miles and these guys wanted $600 each to cash in a ff award trip to Europe. Now I looked on United and these guys were more reasonable- only $50 each to use a ff award to Asia. Can someone explain to me why people would travel on AA or BA with these type of charges for ff mile awards? Used to be that as long as you had the accrued miles the flights were free- now some of these airlines are gouging their best customers - and for me driving me away from AA and BA to United.
UA FF vs. AA/BA FF miles awards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Changing flights
- 2 Etihad is an anagram of 'I hated...'
- 3 Mobile Board Passes--
- 4 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 5 Business Class Summer Sales
- 6 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 9 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 10 Visas and flight diversions
- 11 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 12 Half Empty Airliner
- 13 Non Refundable Tickets
- 14 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 15 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 16 AA and USair
- 17 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 18 Ailine security- a strange question
- 19 Paris-London-Dublin
- 20 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 21 Should I purchase now?
- 22 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 23 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 24 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 25 Duty Free Liquor