Ok its been quite a while since I cashed in a FF award to travel to Europe or Asia. I was going to use my BA FF miles for two tickets to Paris until I saw that they were going to charge me $1,000. Ok so I switched to AA FF miles and these guys wanted $600 each to cash in a ff award trip to Europe. Now I looked on United and these guys were more reasonable- only $50 each to use a ff award to Asia. Can someone explain to me why people would travel on AA or BA with these type of charges for ff mile awards? Used to be that as long as you had the accrued miles the flights were free- now some of these airlines are gouging their best customers - and for me driving me away from AA and BA to United.
UA FF vs. AA/BA FF miles awards
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 2 Worst US airline?
- 3 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 4 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 5 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 6 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 7 Buying business and coach tickets
- 8 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 9 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 10 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 11 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 12 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 13 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 14 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 15 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 16 Beware of Bravofly
- 17 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 18 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 19 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 20 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna
- 21 Continue on or stopover?
- 22 Breaking up a flight
- 23 Best routing on AA or BA; BOS/PMO; Business Class Award tix for 2; May 2014
- 24 Flying to the US with engagement ring.
- 25 aadvantage website