Ok its been quite a while since I cashed in a FF award to travel to Europe or Asia. I was going to use my BA FF miles for two tickets to Paris until I saw that they were going to charge me $1,000. Ok so I switched to AA FF miles and these guys wanted $600 each to cash in a ff award trip to Europe. Now I looked on United and these guys were more reasonable- only $50 each to use a ff award to Asia. Can someone explain to me why people would travel on AA or BA with these type of charges for ff mile awards? Used to be that as long as you had the accrued miles the flights were free- now some of these airlines are gouging their best customers - and for me driving me away from AA and BA to United.
UA FF vs. AA/BA FF miles awards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Departure City Searches
- 2 Don't fly UNITED Airlines...they are pirates
- 3 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 4 Layover Time
- 5 UNITED Airlines does not recognize Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits
- 6 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 7 Delta in Amsterdam
- 8 MAKING CONNECTION CDG - 3 HOURS
- 9 United Airlines
- 10 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 11 Beware of Bravofly
- 12 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 13 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 14 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 15 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 16 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 17 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 18 When to buy tickets
- 19 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 20 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 21 TSA hand wipe
- 22 Delta question?
- 23 Layover in London
- 24 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 25 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3