Ok its been quite a while since I cashed in a FF award to travel to Europe or Asia. I was going to use my BA FF miles for two tickets to Paris until I saw that they were going to charge me $1,000. Ok so I switched to AA FF miles and these guys wanted $600 each to cash in a ff award trip to Europe. Now I looked on United and these guys were more reasonable- only $50 each to use a ff award to Asia. Can someone explain to me why people would travel on AA or BA with these type of charges for ff mile awards? Used to be that as long as you had the accrued miles the flights were free- now some of these airlines are gouging their best customers - and for me driving me away from AA and BA to United.
UA FF vs. AA/BA FF miles awards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 The life of lost luggage
- 2 Transit at Istanbul Ataturk
- 3 Austrian Air Budapest Vienna Vienna Dubrovnik
- 4 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 5 I have never flown Ryanair
- 6 International Connecting Flights
- 7 Open Skies, La Compagnie, and XL Airways
- 8 Which terminal at newark?
- 9 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 10 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 11 New Orleans to Beijing
- 12 USAir/AA - December flight
- 13 Coach on United 767-400
- 14 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 15 When to book?
- 16 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?
- 17 KLM - I think not!
- 18 Downside to Orbitz?
- 19 US customs pre clearance
- 20 Lie flat Business Class seats SYD - HKG
- 21 Beware of Bravofly
- 22 Air Travel - Iceland - London - Ireland (What lag time to take in between?)
- 23 Layover quetsion Dubai and Frankfurt
- 24 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 25 Asiana. Biz seats