I used to use a great service on Travelocity. I could type in my origin airport and the dates I was available and they would present flight/hotel packages in ascending order of price. Basically the concept is if I can show up at JFK on Friday, where can I go for the weekend and how much will it cost? If I happened to be free I would periodically spend 5 min searching and was always doing trips to destinations I had never considered before!
Since that has disappeared, I have traveled less as having to come up with all possible destinations in case I want to go somewhere ends up taking more time than the trip itself. Is there anywhere this still exits? For example, looks like I might be free this weekend so would like to spend a few minutes seeing what is available to me since I can show up at JFK on Friday.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Chiefs vs Raiders
- 2 Global Entry application status question
- 3 Contact # for Delta
- 4 Using american voucher
- 5 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 6 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 7 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 8 Southwest boarding
- 9 "under the seat space"
- 10 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 11 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 12 Starting my Planning
- 13 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 14 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 15 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 16 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 17 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 18 UA Carry-On Policy
- 19 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 20 Customs and Connection Times
- 21 BA short turnaround time
- 22 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 23 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 24 easyJet westard-ho
- 25 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices