I used to use a great service on Travelocity. I could type in my origin airport and the dates I was available and they would present flight/hotel packages in ascending order of price. Basically the concept is if I can show up at JFK on Friday, where can I go for the weekend and how much will it cost? If I happened to be free I would periodically spend 5 min searching and was always doing trips to destinations I had never considered before!
Since that has disappeared, I have traveled less as having to come up with all possible destinations in case I want to go somewhere ends up taking more time than the trip itself. Is there anywhere this still exits? For example, looks like I might be free this weekend so would like to spend a few minutes seeing what is available to me since I can show up at JFK on Friday.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 2 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 3 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 4 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 5 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 6 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 7 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 8 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 9 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 10 Documents for E-tickets?
- 11 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 12 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 13 Enough time
- 14 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 15 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 16 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 17 BA economy premiun seats
- 18 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 19 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 20 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 21 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 Voice calls during flights?
- 24 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 25 altitude sickness on a plane?