This is my first message. Nice to meet you all. Today, I write to ask you for some advice on transferring between London City Airport and Heathrow:
I'm flying to LCY on January 8th (Sun), arriving at 18:30 and then, the next day, I and taking my connecting flight from LHR at 08:00 AM. I have heard there is a long way between the two airports and there is no direct bus shuttle or any other easy means of transferring... I have plenty of time, but I have two big pieces of luggage which makes it a bit hard to move around. Considering these two points, I have carried out the following transfer plan. Could you tell me what you think?
1) Going to LCY to Paddington Station by cab.
2) Taking the Heathrow Express to Heathrow Airport
3) Taking the "Heathrow Hotel Hoppa" to my hotel ( I haven't yet decided which one, so I'd appreciate if you could give me some advice on Heathrow hotels as well)
4) Taking the "Heathrow Hotel Hoppa" back to Heathrow the next morning.
What do you think? Should I change anything?
It is not my first time in London, but I have never changed airports in this big city...
Any help is more than welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 18552054069 United Airlines Upgrade With Miles
- 2 18552054069 Hawaiian Airlines Upgrade Cost
- 3 ((18552054069)) American Eagle Airlines Upgrade
- 4 Delta 18552054069 Airlines Seat Upgrade
- 5 Tramadol
- 6 Midway connections
- 7 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City?
- 8 Flying into O'Hare..bad as I have heard??
- 9 Headphones on planes
- 10 To pass the time on long haul flights..
- 11 Connection time at Heathrow
- 12 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 13 Hypothetical question
- 14 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
- 15 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 16 redress number question
- 17 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
- 18 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
- 19 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
- 20 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
- 21 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
- 22 Detroit to London to Croatia
- 23 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
- 24 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
- 25 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t