This is my first message. Nice to meet you all. Today, I write to ask you for some advice on transferring between London City Airport and Heathrow:
I'm flying to LCY on January 8th (Sun), arriving at 18:30 and then, the next day, I and taking my connecting flight from LHR at 08:00 AM. I have heard there is a long way between the two airports and there is no direct bus shuttle or any other easy means of transferring... I have plenty of time, but I have two big pieces of luggage which makes it a bit hard to move around. Considering these two points, I have carried out the following transfer plan. Could you tell me what you think?
1) Going to LCY to Paddington Station by cab.
2) Taking the Heathrow Express to Heathrow Airport
3) Taking the "Heathrow Hotel Hoppa" to my hotel ( I haven't yet decided which one, so I'd appreciate if you could give me some advice on Heathrow hotels as well)
4) Taking the "Heathrow Hotel Hoppa" back to Heathrow the next morning.
What do you think? Should I change anything?
It is not my first time in London, but I have never changed airports in this big city...
Any help is more than welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 2 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 3 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 4 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 5 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 6 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 7 Miami International Airport
- 8 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 9 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 10 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 11 Question on checkin for international
- 12 travelling with ensure
- 13 Connection time
- 14 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 15 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 16 Award travel and fees
- 17 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 18 PHL layover
- 19 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 20 searching for flights on Kayak
- 21 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 22 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 23 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 24 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 25 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight