Looking for some tickets to Greece in July. My usual departure airport is BOS, however the best flights and times I can find with consideration for my wife and two kids begin in the low to mid $1400's. We have a wedding to go to so our dates are pretty fixed for the most part.
I then began to entertain the idea of flying out of JFK and have come across a Lufthansa/Aegean flight from JFK-SKG (Thessaloniki) via Munich for only $840. I have found this fare on Expedia and Cheaptickets. I checked out the Lufthansa site and saw that the exact same flights to and from were $1440+.
My question is whether the Expedia prices are too good to be true. We are talking literally of savings near the $600 mark per ticket from the actual Lufthansa site. Just checking to see if there is explanation or if anyone has come across this before. I would love to save over $2,000 if possible though I am a bit apprehensive at the moment. One other note is that I have found this price for the same flights for numerous dates that I have checked in June and July.
I appreciate you all taking the time to read this and respond. Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Dodgers vs Cubs
- 2 Contact # for Delta
- 3 Using american voucher
- 4 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 5 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 6 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 7 Southwest boarding
- 8 "under the seat space"
- 9 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 10 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 11 Starting my Planning
- 12 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 13 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 14 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 15 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 16 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 17 UA Carry-On Policy
- 18 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 19 Customs and Connection Times
- 20 BA short turnaround time
- 21 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 22 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 23 easyJet westard-ho
- 24 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 25 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.