Looking for some tickets to Greece in July. My usual departure airport is BOS, however the best flights and times I can find with consideration for my wife and two kids begin in the low to mid $1400's. We have a wedding to go to so our dates are pretty fixed for the most part.
I then began to entertain the idea of flying out of JFK and have come across a Lufthansa/Aegean flight from JFK-SKG (Thessaloniki) via Munich for only $840. I have found this fare on Expedia and Cheaptickets. I checked out the Lufthansa site and saw that the exact same flights to and from were $1440+.
My question is whether the Expedia prices are too good to be true. We are talking literally of savings near the $600 mark per ticket from the actual Lufthansa site. Just checking to see if there is explanation or if anyone has come across this before. I would love to save over $2,000 if possible though I am a bit apprehensive at the moment. One other note is that I have found this price for the same flights for numerous dates that I have checked in June and July.
I appreciate you all taking the time to read this and respond. Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Transit time at JFK from T4 to T1
- 2 Getting a ride to Toronto Airport. Driver must have passport?
- 3 Alitalia - Carry on luggage?
- 4 Anyone familiar with clearme.com?
- 5 Cheapest method to transfer from Dulles to Reagan Airport?
- 6 Security lines at IAD
- 7 Domestic/International Connection SFO
- 8 SFO Amex lounge/T3 security access
- 9 Dreamliner and altitude sickness
- 10 Houston Airport - United Airlines
- 11 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 12 Exchanging seats with a basketball player
- 13 CDG transit time
- 14 Ryanair
- 15 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 16 A horror story about Justfly
- 17 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 18 restaurants at the Albuquerque sunport
- 19 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 20 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 21 Soutwest Airlines Terms
- 22 Day of the week for the best price
- 23 Slightly Damaged Passport
- 24 LAX T4 and Bradley Int'l connector
- 25 how long to allocate for TSA in Dallas