Looking for some tickets to Greece in July. My usual departure airport is BOS, however the best flights and times I can find with consideration for my wife and two kids begin in the low to mid $1400's. We have a wedding to go to so our dates are pretty fixed for the most part.
I then began to entertain the idea of flying out of JFK and have come across a Lufthansa/Aegean flight from JFK-SKG (Thessaloniki) via Munich for only $840. I have found this fare on Expedia and Cheaptickets. I checked out the Lufthansa site and saw that the exact same flights to and from were $1440+.
My question is whether the Expedia prices are too good to be true. We are talking literally of savings near the $600 mark per ticket from the actual Lufthansa site. Just checking to see if there is explanation or if anyone has come across this before. I would love to save over $2,000 if possible though I am a bit apprehensive at the moment. One other note is that I have found this price for the same flights for numerous dates that I have checked in June and July.
I appreciate you all taking the time to read this and respond. Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 My Topic TitleOverhead luggage for Embraer 145 jets?
- 2 flights to Basel
- 3 Southwest Airlines questions
- 4 Anyone on SQ 403 Singapore Airlines 10th Oct
- 5 Cathay Vs. What Other Airline for nervous flyer (NYC>HKA)
- 6 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 7 Is Alitalia that bad?
- 8 Air Berlin and Brussels Airlines questions
- 9 Interesting piece on why and how airlines are making you miserable
- 10 2 airlines baggage transfer
- 11 KLM carry on restrictions
- 12 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 13 REVIEW: Cathay Pacific Business Class
- 14 Small seats - big passengers
- 15 REVIEW: Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
- 16 Iceland/Alaska Air new partnership
- 17 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 18 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 19 Volaris ticket purchase
- 20 Alitalia
- 21 Reviews of Aer Lingus
- 22 Allegiant Ai
- 23 Ditching second and third legs on a one-way ticket
- 24 Warning if flying Etihad Airways
- 25 No more foreign conversion fees on my AA card?