Looking for some tickets to Greece in July. My usual departure airport is BOS, however the best flights and times I can find with consideration for my wife and two kids begin in the low to mid $1400's. We have a wedding to go to so our dates are pretty fixed for the most part.
I then began to entertain the idea of flying out of JFK and have come across a Lufthansa/Aegean flight from JFK-SKG (Thessaloniki) via Munich for only $840. I have found this fare on Expedia and Cheaptickets. I checked out the Lufthansa site and saw that the exact same flights to and from were $1440+.
My question is whether the Expedia prices are too good to be true. We are talking literally of savings near the $600 mark per ticket from the actual Lufthansa site. Just checking to see if there is explanation or if anyone has come across this before. I would love to save over $2,000 if possible though I am a bit apprehensive at the moment. One other note is that I have found this price for the same flights for numerous dates that I have checked in June and July.
I appreciate you all taking the time to read this and respond. Thanks a lot.
Too Good To Be True JFK-SKG Fare?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 3 Half Empty Airliner
- 4 AA or BA to OSL
- 5 Non Refundable Tickets
- 6 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 7 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 8 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 9 AA and USair
- 10 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 11 Ailine security- a strange question
- 12 Paris-London-Dublin
- 13 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 14 Should I purchase now?
- 15 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 16 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 17 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 18 Duty Free Liquor
- 19 Visas and flight diversions
- 20 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 21 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 24 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage
- 25 connecting flight in Frankfurt how long a layover is necessary