My husband and I are booked on a JFK-ATH flight in September, arriving ATH at 9:15am. We are connecting directly to the islands on Aegean Air, but we need to choose a flight to book. The choices are 10:45am or 1:20pm. After the transatlantic flight, I really hate to spend 4 hours in the Athens airport before connecting, but is 1.5 hours enough to go through customs, then make our way to Aegean counters and check in for our domestic flight? We are familiar with the airport and its not too sprawling, but I'm not sure about the distance between these terminals or whether customs is a long process at that time of morning. Any thoughts?
Time to clear customs and recheck bags in Athens airport?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 2 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 3 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 4 Airfare for Budapest May 2015
- 5 Question about Star Alliance lounge access
- 6 US Air Absolutely Horrid
- 7 Dubai / Visa
- 8 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 9 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 10 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport
- 11 Qater Airlines - 3 hr layover in Doha now 13 hours
- 12 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 13 PHL-FCO-ATH where will we go through passport control/customs?
- 14 VISA date conflict
- 15 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 16 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 17 When to buy ticket?
- 18 Be Careful About Turkish Airlines
- 19 Self check-in airBaltic
- 20 Beware of Bravofly
- 21 Anyone know, LAX to NAN, sustenance ?
- 22 Has Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Control at ATL?
- 23 Atlanta International Terminal
- 24 Expedia - Stay Away at all Costs
- 25 TSA pre-check, what a joke!