My husband and I are booked on a JFK-ATH flight in September, arriving ATH at 9:15am. We are connecting directly to the islands on Aegean Air, but we need to choose a flight to book. The choices are 10:45am or 1:20pm. After the transatlantic flight, I really hate to spend 4 hours in the Athens airport before connecting, but is 1.5 hours enough to go through customs, then make our way to Aegean counters and check in for our domestic flight? We are familiar with the airport and its not too sprawling, but I'm not sure about the distance between these terminals or whether customs is a long process at that time of morning. Any thoughts?
Time to clear customs and recheck bags in Athens airport?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 2 Booking Annoyance
- 3 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 4 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 5 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 6 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 7 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 8 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 9 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 10 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 11 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 12 Arrival at SFO
- 13 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 14 American Airlines awards
- 15 Delta?
- 16 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 17 Delayed Luggage
- 18 Ryanair puts on airs
- 19 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 20 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 21 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 22 Seat selection help Korean Air
- 23 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call
- 24 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 25 Bravofly 1 click 4 all your money !