My husband and I are booked on a JFK-ATH flight in September, arriving ATH at 9:15am. We are connecting directly to the islands on Aegean Air, but we need to choose a flight to book. The choices are 10:45am or 1:20pm. After the transatlantic flight, I really hate to spend 4 hours in the Athens airport before connecting, but is 1.5 hours enough to go through customs, then make our way to Aegean counters and check in for our domestic flight? We are familiar with the airport and its not too sprawling, but I'm not sure about the distance between these terminals or whether customs is a long process at that time of morning. Any thoughts?
Time to clear customs and recheck bags in Athens airport?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 2 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call
- 3 Bravofly 1 click 4 all your money !
- 4 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 5 Air France strike over
- 6 Transferring TBIT to Terminal 6 in LAX - lounge options?
- 7 Questions asked by CBP
- 8 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 9 Buying access to airport lounges
- 10 Strange extra security ATL-DCA yesterday
- 11 Air France Pilots Strike
- 12 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 13 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 14 Air Canada - UTL flight
- 15 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 16 Using award miles, fly free but pay taxes
- 17 Europe to US destination non-stop options
- 18 Air Canada -- Emergency Row Exit
- 19 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 20 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 21 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 22 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 23 787-9 Dreamliner
- 24 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 25 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?