This is my first topic in this big fourm.
It is about luthansa airline.
I was having a very bad experience with them.
Here I will write my story.
Initially I want to say that their flight was nice and services on air is perfect.
My bad experience happen in the board.
I bought my ticket from their online website. They provide a choice of reserving the price for 3 days with a cancellation fee if not completed. I paid in the third day and conformation was sent to my E-mail.
In the same E-mail, it was written clearly:
Although no reconfirmation is needed as written, I contact Lufthansa office regarding another issue and I asked about my booking. They said that everything is OK and the flight is confirmed.
When I went to the airport, 3 hour prior departure, and in the boarding area they said that there is no ticket number I have for my booking. The reason is not clear for them also as my seat reservation still valid. They said: If you want to flight now, you have to buy another ticket. They make me angry and my family was in very bad situation. As I have booked already everything, I was having no other option. I bought another ticket which cost me 1000 Euro more.
When I reached my destination, which is munich (Germany) I went to their office to complain. They review the reservation and the found that there is no reason for the ticket number not to be issued. But they said that complaint should be done through E-mail, regular mail or Fax. E-mail was sent to them next day for refund of the second booking. The reply was before returning back to my home country by only one day. In the reply:
They are asking for reconfirmation. How??!!!
It was confirmed already by phone call and also in the E-mail they state clearly that no confirmation is needed.
When I was returning by my new booking, another issue happened to me. That is my infant ticket was not connected with my booking. I spend about 1 hour to resolve this issue. It finally resolved.
Contacting Lufthansa by E-mail is not a good choice although I contacted them before flight by E-mail for questioning and they reply very fast. But when the issue is regarding passenger right they are delaying.
Now, I am waiting for them and I will try my best to have my money back and to share my experience with others about Lufthansa airline.
Luthansa… there is usually better ways to flight
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Miami International Airport
- 2 Question on checkin for international
- 3 travelling with ensure
- 4 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 5 Connection time
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 7 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 8 Award travel and fees
- 9 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 10 PHL layover
- 11 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 12 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 13 searching for flights on Kayak
- 14 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 15 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 16 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 17 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 18 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 19 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 20 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 21 Renewal of Global Entry
- 22 added cost on BA tickets
- 23 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 24 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 25 KLM/Delta flight