Coming home yesterday, after a long, multiple layover trip, from Europe, I didn't make it successfully through the full body xray scanner at LAX. Got the TSA pat down, and was told to take off the Eagle Creek money belt that was around my waist, and hand it over. (This is a flat travel item that's been through security many times with never a blip.) They then made me stay on the air-side of the xray machine, and took my money belt back to the terminal-side staging area where people were taking off their shoes, and putting their bags on the conveyor. This really concerned me, as the TSA guy was out of my sight for several minutes .. with my money belt, cash in several currencies, and a couple of credit cards. My distinct impression is that you don't mess with TSA, but I think this was excessive. Just wondering ... was this unusual?
Take off your money belt at security. Really!?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 BUY FAKE PASSPORT (email@example.com)
- 2 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 3 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 4 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 5 787-9 Dreamliner
- 6 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 7 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 8 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?
- 9 La Compagie
- 10 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 11 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 12 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 13 Flying business class, friend in economy
- 14 Baggage transfer on two separate tickets
- 15 Does O'Hare Terminal 5 have Special TSA Precheck for Security?
- 16 Dubai 96 hour transit visa
- 17 Best seat AA transcon Airbus - first Class
- 18 90 minutes at Brisbane airport - enough time?
- 19 Hotels around JFK Airport
- 20 Best time to redeem AA miles?
- 21 Get a refund or credit for economy United tkts?
- 22 Questions about: Open Ended Airplane Ticket?
- 23 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 24 Ins and Outs of Paying for Extra Legroom in Coach
- 25 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA