Coming home yesterday, after a long, multiple layover trip, from Europe, I didn't make it successfully through the full body xray scanner at LAX. Got the TSA pat down, and was told to take off the Eagle Creek money belt that was around my waist, and hand it over. (This is a flat travel item that's been through security many times with never a blip.) They then made me stay on the air-side of the xray machine, and took my money belt back to the terminal-side staging area where people were taking off their shoes, and putting their bags on the conveyor. This really concerned me, as the TSA guy was out of my sight for several minutes .. with my money belt, cash in several currencies, and a couple of credit cards. My distinct impression is that you don't mess with TSA, but I think this was excessive. Just wondering ... was this unusual?
Take off your money belt at security. Really!?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 2 Turkish airlines
- 3 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 4 Using half of a RT ticket
- 5 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 6 Frankfurt connection
- 7 Turkish Airlines / Layover at IST questions
- 8 Aadvantage seats availability
- 9 1 Hour 1 minute connection in Newark
- 10 Schengen visa inquiry
- 11 Keeping AA miles alive
- 12 ATL - domestic flight use security International terminal?
- 13 Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Singapore Changi Airport
- 14 Singapore Airlines
- 15 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 16 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 17 Malaysia-Singapore-Taiwan
- 18 New rules for United Mileage Plus elite qualification
- 19 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim?
- 20 RUH to AMS via CDG-1 hr layover enough?
- 21 United Premier status?
- 22 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 23 Independent ticketing
- 24 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 25 Taxes refunded when Canceling a Flt