Coming home yesterday, after a long, multiple layover trip, from Europe, I didn't make it successfully through the full body xray scanner at LAX. Got the TSA pat down, and was told to take off the Eagle Creek money belt that was around my waist, and hand it over. (This is a flat travel item that's been through security many times with never a blip.) They then made me stay on the air-side of the xray machine, and took my money belt back to the terminal-side staging area where people were taking off their shoes, and putting their bags on the conveyor. This really concerned me, as the TSA guy was out of my sight for several minutes .. with my money belt, cash in several currencies, and a couple of credit cards. My distinct impression is that you don't mess with TSA, but I think this was excessive. Just wondering ... was this unusual?
Take off your money belt at security. Really!?
- 1 Flight connection in Brussels: Help!!
- 2 What do I owe to a Travel Agent?
- 3 Beware of Bravofly
- 4 Great coffee
- 5 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 6 US customs forms questions
- 7 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 8 LAX customs HELP
- 9 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 10 flights to israel from ny
- 11 Flights to Europe
- 12 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 13 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 14 easyJet cabin baggage
- 15 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 16 Award Availability
- 17 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 20 Expedia points?
- 21 Traveling with Cremains
- 22 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 23 self check in kiosks
- 24 How does duty free shopping work?
- 25 TSA comment period open until June 24