My husband and I are planning our first trip to Paris this April. Our apartment is booked and air tickets purchased, so I figured we were good to go. Then I got an email from Orbitz tonight that the airline -- Delta/AirFrance -- has *significantly* changed our flight itinerary, without any confirmation much less input from us. I'm expecting I'm going to need to place some calls to get this fixed, but I'm hoping the collective wisdom of this forum will help me know what to say to straighten this out.
We're flying from our home airport, SNA/Orange County, layover in Salt Lake, then overnight to CDG/Paris. Since it's an international flight, and my first since I was a kid, when I booked the flights I scheduled in a hefty layover on purpose. Our original itinerary had us leaving SNA at 10am and getting to SLC at 1pm, with the flight to Paris leaving at 4:45pm -- so a 3 hour and 45 minute layover. Even flying domestic, I don't like to schedule less than an hour and a half layover on the way out, and added padding to that for an international flight.
Per the email I got tonight, we're now leaving SNA at 1:15pm and arriving at SLC at 4:02pm, with the Paris flight still leaving at 4:45pm -- so a 43 minute layover, before an international flight. We're planning on traveling light, carry-on only, but I have a joint condition which occasionally makes walking after a flight difficult/painful/slow. I won't know how bad it is until we deplane in SLC.
IMO, this change is in no way acceptable, and I'll be contacting Orbitz, Delta, and AirFrance about it, but probably not until Tuesday, given the holiday weekend in the US. I can only assume they cancelled the 10am flight entirely, but in any case they are going to fix it, and I would expect at no charge to us.
So here's where I need your help. Given SLC, Delta/AirFrance, and the international nature of this flight -- and that missing our flight would cost us at least a day in Paris, to say nothing of the hassle with the apartment -- what's a realistic minimum layover? Is an hour and a half doable? Two hours? Are there any immigration proceedures we'll have to do in SLC? Or only once we get to CDG?
Also, any tips for dealing with Orbitz/Delta/AirFrance and getting them to fix this?
Thanks in advance,
SNA->SLC->CDG min layover? Airline changed my flight.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Obtain Passport,Visa,Driving Liense,ID Cards,Diplomas
- 2 Delta in Amsterdam
- 3 Beware of Bravofly
- 4 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 5 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 6 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 7 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 8 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 9 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 10 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 11 When to buy tickets
- 12 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 13 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 14 TSA hand wipe
- 15 Delta question?
- 16 Layover in London
- 17 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 18 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 19 British Air or Air France
- 20 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 21 Please help with Delta miles
- 22 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 23 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 24 Air fares to Europe in August
- 25 Tracking fare info