My husband and I are planning our first trip to Paris this April. Our apartment is booked and air tickets purchased, so I figured we were good to go. Then I got an email from Orbitz tonight that the airline -- Delta/AirFrance -- has *significantly* changed our flight itinerary, without any confirmation much less input from us. I'm expecting I'm going to need to place some calls to get this fixed, but I'm hoping the collective wisdom of this forum will help me know what to say to straighten this out.
We're flying from our home airport, SNA/Orange County, layover in Salt Lake, then overnight to CDG/Paris. Since it's an international flight, and my first since I was a kid, when I booked the flights I scheduled in a hefty layover on purpose. Our original itinerary had us leaving SNA at 10am and getting to SLC at 1pm, with the flight to Paris leaving at 4:45pm -- so a 3 hour and 45 minute layover. Even flying domestic, I don't like to schedule less than an hour and a half layover on the way out, and added padding to that for an international flight.
Per the email I got tonight, we're now leaving SNA at 1:15pm and arriving at SLC at 4:02pm, with the Paris flight still leaving at 4:45pm -- so a 43 minute layover, before an international flight. We're planning on traveling light, carry-on only, but I have a joint condition which occasionally makes walking after a flight difficult/painful/slow. I won't know how bad it is until we deplane in SLC.
IMO, this change is in no way acceptable, and I'll be contacting Orbitz, Delta, and AirFrance about it, but probably not until Tuesday, given the holiday weekend in the US. I can only assume they cancelled the 10am flight entirely, but in any case they are going to fix it, and I would expect at no charge to us.
So here's where I need your help. Given SLC, Delta/AirFrance, and the international nature of this flight -- and that missing our flight would cost us at least a day in Paris, to say nothing of the hassle with the apartment -- what's a realistic minimum layover? Is an hour and a half doable? Two hours? Are there any immigration proceedures we'll have to do in SLC? Or only once we get to CDG?
Also, any tips for dealing with Orbitz/Delta/AirFrance and getting them to fix this?
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 International flights to Uganda
- 2 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 3 Laguardia hassle?
- 4 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 5 U.S Passport Photos-- Okay to Smile?
- 6 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 7 Aiports in Paris
- 8 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 9 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 10 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 11 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 12 Parking at JFK
- 13 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 14 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 15 Justfly.com
- 16 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 17 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 18 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 19 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 20 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 21 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 22 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 23 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 24 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 25 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!