Hi Travelers .. I was hoping some of you could help me with a concern of mine. After an exstensive study abroad trip across Europe, My USA passport has become slightly worn. Since then I have also made trips to Mexico and the Domonican Republic (without issue). My passport is showing obvious signs of wear and tear. However the information page is still fully intact and lamination is still down. The upper corner of the first page is also torn (very small). When the airport ticket lady took my passport last year before going to the Dominican she told me that it would not get me into Mexico. Therefore, after planning this trip to Mexico on Nov 26, I took it to a post office and they told me that it was fine I didn't need a new one. It is by no means mutilated, or water damaged but still as my trip is impending I'm getting more and more nervous about being denied entry into Mexico. I know its often up to the discretion of the airlines. Has any US travelers had any experience entering Mexico with a less than pristine passport (flying Us Airways )?
Slightly Damaged Passport
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 3 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 4 Visas and flight diversions
- 5 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 6 Half Empty Airliner
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Non Refundable Tickets
- 9 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 10 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 11 AA and USair
- 12 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 13 Ailine security- a strange question
- 14 Paris-London-Dublin
- 15 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 16 Should I purchase now?
- 17 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 18 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 19 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 20 Duty Free Liquor
- 21 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 22 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 25 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage