Hi Travelers .. I was hoping some of you could help me with a concern of mine. After an exstensive study abroad trip across Europe, My USA passport has become slightly worn. Since then I have also made trips to Mexico and the Domonican Republic (without issue). My passport is showing obvious signs of wear and tear. However the information page is still fully intact and lamination is still down. The upper corner of the first page is also torn (very small). When the airport ticket lady took my passport last year before going to the Dominican she told me that it would not get me into Mexico. Therefore, after planning this trip to Mexico on Nov 26, I took it to a post office and they told me that it was fine I didn't need a new one. It is by no means mutilated, or water damaged but still as my trip is impending I'm getting more and more nervous about being denied entry into Mexico. I know its often up to the discretion of the airlines. Has any US travelers had any experience entering Mexico with a less than pristine passport (flying Us Airways )?
Slightly Damaged Passport
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 US Air Absolutely Horrid
- 2 Dubai / Visa
- 3 Airfare for Budapest May 2015
- 4 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 5 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 6 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 7 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 8 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport
- 9 Qater Airlines - 3 hr layover in Doha now 13 hours
- 10 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 11 PHL-FCO-ATH where will we go through passport control/customs?
- 12 VISA date conflict
- 13 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 14 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 15 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 16 When to buy ticket?
- 17 Be Careful About Turkish Airlines
- 18 Self check-in airBaltic
- 19 Beware of Bravofly
- 20 Anyone know, LAX to NAN, sustenance ?
- 21 Has Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Control at ATL?
- 22 Atlanta International Terminal
- 23 Expedia - Stay Away at all Costs
- 24 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 25 United - how to add frequent flier number?