My wife and I are will be travelling to Europe (1st stop Amsterdam) next April, 2012. We have a choice of flying with either Singapore Airlines or Emirates.
Singapore airlines appears to have slightly better departure/arrival/layover times compared with Emirates - but Emirates is around $300 cheaper per person.
Could some experienced Fodorites please help us decide which airline would be best using the following as a guide?
1. Amount of room in Economy class
2. In Flight Service
3. Available Gluten-Free meal options
We would be using the following aircraft for your trip:
SQ: A330-300 --> B777-200ER and B777-200ER --> A330-300
EK: B777-200LR --> B777-300ER and A380-800 --> B777-200LR
Any help would be invaluable because we would like to book the flights as soon as possible. Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 4 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 5 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 6 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 7 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 8 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 9 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 10 Renewal of Global Entry
- 11 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 12 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 13 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 14 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 15 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 16 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 17 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 18 Documents for E-tickets?
- 19 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 20 Enough time
- 21 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 22 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 23 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 24 BA economy premiun seats
- 25 BA not to fly to serve anymore.