My wife and I are will be travelling to Europe (1st stop Amsterdam) next April, 2012. We have a choice of flying with either Singapore Airlines or Emirates.
Singapore airlines appears to have slightly better departure/arrival/layover times compared with Emirates - but Emirates is around $300 cheaper per person.
Could some experienced Fodorites please help us decide which airline would be best using the following as a guide?
1. Amount of room in Economy class
2. In Flight Service
3. Available Gluten-Free meal options
We would be using the following aircraft for your trip:
SQ: A330-300 --> B777-200ER and B777-200ER --> A330-300
EK: B777-200LR --> B777-300ER and A380-800 --> B777-200LR
Any help would be invaluable because we would like to book the flights as soon as possible. Thank you in advance,
Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Booking flights, but only taking one of them
- 2 Layover in the airport
- 3 Travelers Insurance
- 4 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 5 flying Phoenix to JFK to Rome on honeymoon...Where do we clear customs?
- 6 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 7 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 8 JetBlue Amex card
- 9 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 10 Best premium economy to Europe
- 11 Premium economy--timing of purchase
- 12 Shortened connection time at FCO
- 13 never fly LIAT
- 14 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 15 Ryan air carry on personal items
- 16 best time to purchase ticket
- 17 Sleeping on airplanes (in cattle class)
- 18 Anyone know anything about JetnSave?
- 19 Upgrading econ to biz on United
- 20 Check your contract and don't get cancer
- 21 Help: Airfare to Madrid has skyrocketed - why?
- 22 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 23 help booking w Ryan air
- 24 Tickets Gdansk-London-Lisbon - anybody need?
- 25 When to book a companion ticket on BA?