My wife and I are will be travelling to Europe (1st stop Amsterdam) next April, 2012. We have a choice of flying with either Singapore Airlines or Emirates.
Singapore airlines appears to have slightly better departure/arrival/layover times compared with Emirates - but Emirates is around $300 cheaper per person.
Could some experienced Fodorites please help us decide which airline would be best using the following as a guide?
1. Amount of room in Economy class
2. In Flight Service
3. Available Gluten-Free meal options
We would be using the following aircraft for your trip:
SQ: A330-300 --> B777-200ER and B777-200ER --> A330-300
EK: B777-200LR --> B777-300ER and A380-800 --> B777-200LR
Any help would be invaluable because we would like to book the flights as soon as possible. Thank you in advance,
Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 KLM Comfort Economy?
- 2 US Airways or Lufthansa for teen traveling alone
- 3 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 4 United Changed my flight without asking
- 5 Transfer time in CDG for different tickets
- 6 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 7 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 8 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 9 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 10 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 11 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 12 United/Lufthansa - no miles credit for the Lufthansa legs?
- 13 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 14 Booking Annoyance
- 15 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 16 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 17 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 20 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 21 Arrival at SFO
- 22 American Airlines awards
- 23 Delta?
- 24 Delayed Luggage
- 25 Ryanair puts on airs