Singapore Airlines Flight
Singapore to London Heathrow
This is the video I made - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ocU6H2bWc
Here are more pictures on my blog - http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/10/singapore-airlines-sq-322-flight.html
This is at the gate at Changi Airport.
This was the waiting area. There were a number of gates here, hence the area is very big. There was another SQ flight for Paris later that evening. There were a number of Caucasian couples waiting for the SQ-SIngapore to London flight and I did overhear some of the chatter. It sounded like many of them had just disembarked from a cruise ship, and were on the way back to Europe or USA.
Boarding time. That's the plane that would bring me to London. Singapore Airlines was the first in the world to operate the A380, since 2007. How time flies. It has been 6 years.
This was the route to the Upper Deck. This plane was configured as an all Business Class Upper Deck.
This was my seat for the 13 hour flight, Seat 20K, window. It was about the middle of the plane. I had a decent view out of the window, as you can see from my video.
This was the centre aisle. The Business class is in a 1-2-1 configuration.
The welcome drink. I can't remember what this was, but I chose the non-alcoholic option.
The menu. This was the panel of international chefs. Check out my video for the full menu.
This was my drink after takeoff, the Singapore sling.
Stretching my legs. Very comfortable.
As this was a red eye flight, I did notice that some passengers decided to sleep and skip supper. Once the seat-belt sign was off, they converted their seat into the flat-bed, and went to sleep.
Let's head on to the meal service. This was the first course, Parma Ham with some salad. It didn't taste bad, but it certainly wasn't my type of food.
The choices for the main course were
1) Grilled Prawns
2) Famous Singapore Chicken Rice
3) Seared beef fillet
The Singapore Girl would come around taking your order for the main course before the meal service started. I used the 'Book the Cook' service, which is complimentary for all Business Class, First and Suites passengers. Do utilise this service, you have to go online or book through your travel agent, and select from a long list of dishes.
The choice of dishes on 'Book the Cook' differs greatly, depending on where you are flying from. Flying out of Singapore, you would have the most choices. I chose the famous Lobster Thermidor and here is how it looks like. It was very succulent and delicious!
I had a slight problem though. The King appeared, with his foot soliders, refusing to let me partake of the Lobster.
When it came to dessert, again the same battle had to be fought with the King.
After a very good meal, I decided to turn in for a good night's sleep. Do check out the trip video and blog posts for the rest of the review. Thanks for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Aiports in Paris
- 2 International flights to Uganda
- 3 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 4 Laguardia hassle?
- 5 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 6 U.S Passport Photos-- Okay to Smile?
- 7 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 8 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 9 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 10 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 11 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 12 Parking at JFK
- 13 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 14 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 15 Justfly.com
- 16 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 17 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 18 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 19 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 20 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 21 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 22 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 23 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 24 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 25 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
Singapore Airlines Flight