I'm travelling in May from Birmingham AL to Edinburgh Scotland, and the flight is from Bham to Miami, Miami to London, London to Edinburgh. I have a concern that the layover in London is only 1hr40min and that we will not have enough time to get through customs. My question is, do we have to get our bags in London and actually go through customs, or is it only security we have to go through and not have to worry about checked luggage until we get to Edinburgh?
Short Layover in London
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 3 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 4 Visas and flight diversions
- 5 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 6 Half Empty Airliner
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Non Refundable Tickets
- 9 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 10 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 11 AA and USair
- 12 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 13 Ailine security- a strange question
- 14 Paris-London-Dublin
- 15 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 16 Should I purchase now?
- 17 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 18 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 19 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 20 Duty Free Liquor
- 21 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 22 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 25 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage