I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble using the online (24hr prior to flight) seat reservation system on British Airways. Nine family members were flying to LHR from the U. S. last month and wanted to sit together. Five of us from different households and different computers could not get any seat assignments as per BA website instructions. One of us finally got through to the help line and we were told to arrive at the airport an hour earlier than we ordinarily would have. I am a senior with a special need because of a chronic leg problem. The BA agent on the outbound flight did accommodate this need, however, we were not able to sit together as requested. On our return flight, even with a 5 hr layover in LHR, I could not get the aisle seat necessary to aid my problem leg. The first response was that I could have paid extra prior to flight to ensure I got such a seat. I have contacted BA without much success. It appears that they are making it difficult to reserve seats within this 24hr window and are pushing for paid preferences. BA denies this, but doesn't address the non-functional website system. (worst flight home ever + 2 disfunctional toilets on our side of the plane) Having second thoughts about using BA in the future.
Seat reservations on British Airways
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 2 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 3 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 4 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 5 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 6 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 7 Subject to Government Approval?
- 8 Gate Check Question
- 9 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 10 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 11 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 12 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 13 Worst US airline?
- 14 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 15 Buying business and coach tickets
- 16 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 17 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 18 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 19 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 20 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 21 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 24 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 25 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement