My friend will be making a transfer in AMS on her way to FCO. She is flying Delta and then a KLM code share to FCO. Her travel agent told her that she will have to pick up her checked bags in AMS and then recheck them on the way to FCO but not on the way back to SEA. I told her that was incorrect, that her bags would be checked to FCO and she wouldn't see them until Rome. To be sure we called Delta and the agent told us she WOULD have to pick up her bags in AMS. Could this possible be true? I have never had to pick up bags when transiting in a European airport but I don't want to give out bad information. Thanks
SEA-AMS-FCO transfer luggage question
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 3 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 4 Visas and flight diversions
- 5 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 6 Half Empty Airliner
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Non Refundable Tickets
- 9 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 10 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 11 AA and USair
- 12 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 13 Ailine security- a strange question
- 14 Paris-London-Dublin
- 15 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 16 Should I purchase now?
- 17 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 18 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 19 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 20 Duty Free Liquor
- 21 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 22 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 25 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage