Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 nutrahealthtrimsite.com/garcinia-lean-xtreme-and-nature-renew-cleanse/
- 2 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 3 Documents for E-tickets?
- 4 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 5 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 6 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 7 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 8 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 9 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 10 Enough time
- 11 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 12 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 13 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 14 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 15 BA economy premiun seats
- 16 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 17 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 18 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 19 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 20 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 21 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 22 Voice calls during flights?
- 23 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 24 altitude sickness on a plane?
- 25 Atlanta Immigration & Customs