Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Transit from Newark to La Guardia: 4 h is enough?
- 2 London to DC through JFK
- 3 What happens to all those empty "Economy Plus" seats?
- 4 AMS -> FRA -> LAX (55 minutes enough?) - Lufthansa
- 5 "Often delayed by 30+ minutes"
- 6 More Atlantic competition
- 7 No US Flights Using BA Avios
- 8 13 hrs. in Korea
- 9 Airlines Under Scrutiny
- 10 JFK and killing time during layover
- 11 Smaller carry on bag sizes coming?
- 12 Cooler as checked luggage?
- 13 Atlanta to Rome to Marseille
- 14 Jet Blue starts charging for first checked bag
- 15 HELP PLEASE
- 16 Wizz Air-thoughts?
- 17 My horrible experience with Bravofly, Singapore Airport and Xiamen Airlines
- 18 Cheapest Airline BNA-ATL
- 19 My name on my passport is spelt different to my airline ticket.
- 20 immigration
- 21 Boston-Istanbul via Turkish Air
- 22 Luggage mysteries
- 23 Can we use a UA club one-time pass if we're flying a different airline?
- 24 Very early morning transporation to OAK
- 25 Air France New Business Class Seats -- question!