Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Ditching second and third legs on a one-way ticket
- 2 British Airways/Expedia Disaster
- 3 Can I upgrade on Alitalia if I'm on a Delta codeshare ticket?
- 4 British Airways will enforce carryon rules?
- 5 Singapore to Frankfurt – Singapore Airlines – Business Class
- 6 Air Canada compensation for delayed flight?
- 7 No US Flights Using BA Avios
- 8 Boeing 787
- 9 Lufthansa and United mileage Plus Card
- 10 Small seats - big passengers
- 11 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 12 Connection in AMS from Delta to KLM
- 13 Swapped name-surname on ticket
- 14 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 15 Oversized carryon
- 16 Air travel within Europe.
- 17 United ticket (016), Lufthansa flights, NO miles?
- 18 United Club Heathrow
- 19 1 hour 20 min layover in London is it doable?
- 20 Air France business class- which flights have flat beds?
- 21 problems flying SAS to Copenhagen August?
- 22 Air France Premium Economy Worth it?
- 23 Air France 027 flat bed business seats in fall, old seats summer?
- 24 South"worst" - yet again it disappoints.
- 25 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport