Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 2 "The airport has no ballast - you have to get off"
- 3 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 4 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 5 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 6 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 7 upgrading flights
- 8 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 9 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 10 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 11 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 12 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 13 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 14 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 15 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 16 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 17 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 18 Sharing an excellent experience
- 19 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 20 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 21 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 22 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 23 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 24 Jetstar Business Class
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare