Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 flights to Basel
- 2 Cathay Vs. What Other Airline for nervous flyer (NYC>HKA)
- 3 Air Berlin and Brussels Airlines questions
- 4 Interesting piece on why and how airlines are making you miserable
- 5 2 airlines baggage transfer
- 6 Is Alitalia that bad?
- 7 KLM carry on restrictions
- 8 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 9 REVIEW: Cathay Pacific Business Class
- 10 Small seats - big passengers
- 11 REVIEW: Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
- 12 Iceland/Alaska Air new partnership
- 13 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 14 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 15 Volaris ticket purchase
- 16 Alitalia
- 17 Reviews of Aer Lingus
- 18 Allegiant Ai
- 19 Ditching second and third legs on a one-way ticket
- 20 Warning if flying Etihad Airways
- 21 No more foreign conversion fees on my AA card?
- 22 Herbs and Spices
- 23 Code share online check in
- 24 Check-in lady tore my passport page ahead of a 2 week trip
- 25 Considering an Around-the-World ticket