Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 2 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call
- 3 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 4 Bravofly 1 click 4 all your money !
- 5 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 6 Air France strike over
- 7 Transferring TBIT to Terminal 6 in LAX - lounge options?
- 8 Questions asked by CBP
- 9 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 10 Buying access to airport lounges
- 11 Strange extra security ATL-DCA yesterday
- 12 Air France Pilots Strike
- 13 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 14 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 15 Air Canada - UTL flight
- 16 Using award miles, fly free but pay taxes
- 17 Europe to US destination non-stop options
- 18 Air Canada -- Emergency Row Exit
- 19 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 20 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 21 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 22 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 23 787-9 Dreamliner
- 24 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 25 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?