Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 A nice surprise benefit of Star Alliance Gold
- 2 Need Advice Regarding Schedule Change
- 3 TAP Airbus 330 Miami to Rome via Portugal
- 4 To select a seat or not>
- 5 1 Hour 1 minute connection in Newark
- 6 Using half of a RT ticket
- 7 ATL - domestic flight use security International terminal?
- 8 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 9 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 10 Turkish airlines
- 11 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 12 Frankfurt connection
- 13 Turkish Airlines / Layover at IST questions
- 14 Aadvantage seats availability
- 15 Schengen visa inquiry
- 16 Keeping AA miles alive
- 17 Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Singapore Changi Airport
- 18 Singapore Airlines
- 19 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 20 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 21 Malaysia-Singapore-Taiwan
- 22 New rules for United Mileage Plus elite qualification
- 23 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim?
- 24 RUH to AMS via CDG-1 hr layover enough?
- 25 United Premier status?