Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Booking Annoyance
- 2 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 3 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 4 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 5 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 6 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 7 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 8 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 9 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 10 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 11 Arrival at SFO
- 12 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 13 American Airlines awards
- 14 Delta?
- 15 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 16 Delayed Luggage
- 17 Ryanair puts on airs
- 18 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 19 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 20 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 21 Seat selection help Korean Air
- 22 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call
- 23 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 24 Bravofly 1 click 4 all your money !
- 25 Air France strike over