Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Watch: Passengers learns that plane might have to ditch in Pacific
- 2 1 hour 20 min layover in London is it doable?
- 3 British Airways will enforce carryon rules?
- 4 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 5 Long late night layover Dubai (Emirates)
- 6 Airline alliance and alliance carrier brand
- 7 One-way award travel: are there drawbacks?
- 8 Showers at LHR's Terminal 5
- 9 air canada flight times
- 10 Do you check for a flights on time statistics before you choose your flights?
- 11 Bangkok to Varanasi
- 12 Air France Premium Economy Worth it?
- 13 Denied boarding due to visa requirements for Italy
- 14 San Francisco to Rome what is the best layover?
- 15 No US Flights Using BA Avios
- 16 Rome Airport Terminal 3 Fire
- 17 Where does a US citizen go thru customs Italy to Toronto?
- 18 Baggage Charges/British Air/Vueling
- 19 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 20 Luggage transfers
- 21 Making connections in Amsterdam
- 22 United Club Heathrow
- 23 KLM - I think not!
- 24 Cell Phone thru Security
- 25 what happens if flight is delayed or cancelled and you miss the event