Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Best ideas to pack in your carry on?
- 2 Zurich Airport
- 3 Do I have to change terminals in Zurich?
- 4 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 5 Flying "Backwards"
- 6 Kansas City to Bonaire
- 7 KLM is unfair to vegetarians!
- 8 Stopvers Using UA Miles
- 9 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 10 Confused on Seeing AA Upgrades
- 11 Madrid airport transfer from T4S to T1:Avianca to Egypt Air
- 12 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 13 Airline Benefits: How does PTO work?
- 14 What Would You Do re Connection Time
- 15 depart to london the earliest in the morning
- 16 American vs United
- 17 Flying on AA into Sicily
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Your experience with Interjet
- 20 Changing name on return Delta ticket
- 21 American Airlines....thank you!
- 22 Ryanair targets families
- 23 Instant Cold Compress and TSA
- 24 If the UK has exited the EU by next summer....
- 25 Can I make a connection in Reykjavik, KEF with just a 50 minute layover?