Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 International Connecting Flights
- 2 When will airlines be responsible? Or is it nonsense?
- 3 The life of lost luggage
- 4 Transit at Istanbul Ataturk
- 5 Austrian Air Budapest Vienna Vienna Dubrovnik
- 6 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 7 I have never flown Ryanair
- 8 Open Skies, La Compagnie, and XL Airways
- 9 Which terminal at newark?
- 10 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 11 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 12 New Orleans to Beijing
- 13 USAir/AA - December flight
- 14 Coach on United 767-400
- 15 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 16 When to book?
- 17 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?
- 18 KLM - I think not!
- 19 Downside to Orbitz?
- 20 US customs pre clearance
- 21 Lie flat Business Class seats SYD - HKG
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Air Travel - Iceland - London - Ireland (What lag time to take in between?)
- 24 Layover quetsion Dubai and Frankfurt
- 25 Review of Air France Premium Economy