Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 2 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 3 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 4 Codeshares
- 5 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 6 First point if entry in USA
- 7 Help need about onward trabel
- 8 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 9 Jacob Ng Community
- 10 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 11 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 12 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 13 United flight reservation change
- 14 LAX. Terminal 4 to terminal 6
- 15 Beware of Bravofly
- 16 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 17 Connecting in SFO, domestic to international flight
- 18 Bravofly is a scam - beware
- 19 LAX to Tokoy - How much Lay Over TIme Do I Need
- 20 Flight to Dublin
- 21 Layover in Boston
- 22 Reserving seats on AA operated flight
- 23 Transfer time at Heathrow
- 24 Transfer time at Heathrow
- 25 flight delay