Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 844-872-1285 Emirates Airlines International Flights Number
- 2 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 3 Hypothetical question
- 4 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
- 5 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 6 Headphones on planes
- 7 redress number question
- 8 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
- 9 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
- 10 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
- 11 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
- 12 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
- 13 Detroit to London to Croatia
- 14 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
- 15 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
- 16 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 17 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 18 Does anyone know what's happening with United in November?
- 19 From Riyadh, (KSA) to London, (UK)
- 20 Bravofly issue
- 21 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 22 AA Aadvantage Website is Making Me CRAZY!!!
- 23 First time traveler in need of serious advices
- 24 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 25 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets