Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
RTW Ticket? Eurorail pass?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 2 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport
- 3 PHL-FCO-ATH where will we go through passport control/customs?
- 4 Dubai / Visa
- 5 VISA date conflict
- 6 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 7 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 8 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 9 When to buy ticket?
- 10 Be Careful About Turkish Airlines
- 11 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 12 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 13 Self check-in airBaltic
- 14 Beware of Bravofly
- 15 Anyone know, LAX to NAN, sustenance ?
- 16 Has Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Control at ATL?
- 17 Atlanta International Terminal
- 18 Expedia - Stay Away at all Costs
- 19 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 20 United - how to add frequent flier number?
- 21 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 22 Frankfurt Airport Sky Line
- 23 Going through customs at Toronto?
- 24 Booking directly or through 3rd party
- 25 Rental Cars - Responsibility for Break-downs?