Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Delta Aware Tickets -- best dates/lowest requirements!
- 2 American award travel to Europe
- 3 Expired License and TSA
- 4 Booked Lufthansa/United via Expedia - worried about seat reservation
- 5 Turkish Airlines to fly to Miami
- 6 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 7 Going to Canada.
- 8 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 9 ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone
- 10 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 11 Have to cancel Delta award tix - best to resched. or back into account?
- 12 Keep Skymiles tix for Euro segments or buy cheap alternative?
- 13 Which terminal at Heathrow will TAP fly into?
- 14 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 15 Connecting Flights in Heathrow
- 16 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 17 Ticketed Name entered incorrectly. Help……
- 18 Fiesta time flying Avianca,Miami to Bue
- 19 United starts offering free beer and wine Internationally
- 20 Orbitz Booking Error
- 21 What to expect at customs
- 22 ORBITZ SITE -PROBLEMs Contacting Customer Service
- 23 Separate connecting flights at CDG under 3 hours apart - sufficient?
- 24 Air Berlin
- 25 EDI to Heathrow