Hello travel experts, I am looking for some advice please. I will be taking my wife and two children (age 10 and 12 at the time), on a RTW trip starting in late January 2015. I have a rough itinerary so far but I am looking for advice on special locations I might have missed and methods of travel and/or places we should stay. I have no idea yet about how to travel across the Europe.....rail pass, car, tickets as needed??? Here is our current plan running from Late January until the end of July. Detroit to Costa Rica (2 weeks) to Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Philippeans, Japan, Korean, (Thailand and Vietnam??), Sri Lanka, Turkey, (then across the Mediterranean to Portugal), then inland through western Europe to Austria, North to Denmark and then finishing in the UK.
Like all families doing this we are on a budget - I am most worried about Europe for cost. Should I try and rent a home in a smaller town and take trains to cities for day trips or stay in city hotels. Also how to I travel across the Mediterranean? Do I take ferries using a Europass or is there a better way? Our main purpose for the trip but we also as Canadians we want our children to see how many people in the rest of the world live. We are planning on doing some missions/building/teaching in Costa Rica and somewhere in South-East Asia. Less than two years left to plan so.....ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Shopping duty Free On Board versus On Ground
- 3 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 4 1st RTW- cheapest place to start?
- 5 Newark Terminal Transfer
- 6 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 7 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 8 Redeeming Miles with a Capital One Card
- 9 Free Stopovers in Europe, flying from NYC?
- 10 Best/worst airlines for traveling with pets?
- 11 Porter or Air Canada?
- 12 Going through security with herbs?
- 13 Help me get award tickets using variety of points
- 14 Foot Rests? China Airlines Premium Economy Experiences ??
- 15 Chocolates in carry on allowed?
- 16 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 17 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 18 What can be done if one date is wrong?
- 19 West Coast USA>France routes
- 20 United and ANA
- 21 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 22 Domestic to Int'l at JFK
- 23 Help!
- 24 Scandanivian Airlines
- 25 Airtreks and Bootsnall