I'm traveling with a companion (both in our mid 20s) to Switzerland and Italy this September and after that I will be going to Paris by myself for 5 days. We are both flying into Geneva and my TC wants to go together, but she works until 2:00 PM that day (luckily half day due to the long weekend) and will not be able to get to the airport until 4, meaning we have to get a late flight. I have tried looking for different options and the price of the flight ticket without Rome -> Paris is about less than $100 of a difference. I looked at seat61.com already and I would prefer flying, but the best I can get is a 6 hour journey of which 3 hours will be spent in Dusseldorf. And to add to the complications I'll arrive at CDG airport and my hostel is near the Eiffel Tower.
My questions are:
1) For those who have traveled from Rome -> Paris before, how did you do it and would you say you preferred that journey?
2) What's the best way to get to the city center from the CDG airport, especially if you are just 1 person?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Connecting flight through Amsterdam
- 2 Long layover in PHL
- 3 Boarding US-bound Flight with Expired Green Card
- 4 Praise for Delta One
- 5 Good air fare?
- 6 Southwest and pax rights
- 7 American vs United
- 8 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 9 immigration passport control
- 10 international flight luggage pick-up waiting time
- 11 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 12 Unable to Purchase on Spirit Airline?
- 13 IAH layover time
- 14 Immigration Control When Connecting Through Europe
- 15 CDG Air France flight connection to Madrid
- 16 How Would You Rate Iberia Air Customer Service?
- 17 The Top 100 Airlines
- 18 Can a person go home at a transit
- 19 Caution while booking a ticket on rcg.se
- 20 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 21 Departure Times - Can These Be Confirmed?
- 22 TSA pre check -received in mail within 8 days
- 23 Police Raids in Ryanair Bases in Germany
- 24 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 25 Serious problem with Expedia.com