I'm traveling with a companion (both in our mid 20s) to Switzerland and Italy this September and after that I will be going to Paris by myself for 5 days. We are both flying into Geneva and my TC wants to go together, but she works until 2:00 PM that day (luckily half day due to the long weekend) and will not be able to get to the airport until 4, meaning we have to get a late flight. I have tried looking for different options and the price of the flight ticket without Rome -> Paris is about less than $100 of a difference. I looked at seat61.com already and I would prefer flying, but the best I can get is a 6 hour journey of which 3 hours will be spent in Dusseldorf. And to add to the complications I'll arrive at CDG airport and my hostel is near the Eiffel Tower.
My questions are:
1) For those who have traveled from Rome -> Paris before, how did you do it and would you say you preferred that journey?
2) What's the best way to get to the city center from the CDG airport, especially if you are just 1 person?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 I miss USAirways
- 2 Major revisions to AAdvantage frequent flyer program
- 3 BA Seat Selection
- 4 layovers and luggage
- 5 AA First class LAX to NRT
- 6 Southwest "Honors" the Military
- 7 Alitalia - Carry on luggage?
- 8 Flying from US with a prearranged VOA for Vietnam
- 9 Bravofly now doing an old scam again?
- 10 Asiana Business class SEA-ICN; Thai Air business class ICN-BKK
- 11 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 12 Short layovers doable from Seattle to Peru?
- 13 Mileage Expiration
- 14 List of fares from MCI
- 15 China Airlines (the one with the pink flower symbol)
- 16 Orbitz? FlightHub? Cheapoair?
- 17 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 18 Hong Kong Air vs China Eastern?
- 19 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 20 Is there a way to track my personal flight travel history?
- 21 Traveling to Dubai for first time
- 22 Business class for honeymoon from Seattle to Paris
- 23 Setting up a flight
- 24 Interesting piece on why and how airlines are making you miserable
- 25 Brussels or Austrian Airlines?