I'm traveling with a companion (both in our mid 20s) to Switzerland and Italy this September and after that I will be going to Paris by myself for 5 days. We are both flying into Geneva and my TC wants to go together, but she works until 2:00 PM that day (luckily half day due to the long weekend) and will not be able to get to the airport until 4, meaning we have to get a late flight. I have tried looking for different options and the price of the flight ticket without Rome -> Paris is about less than $100 of a difference. I looked at seat61.com already and I would prefer flying, but the best I can get is a 6 hour journey of which 3 hours will be spent in Dusseldorf. And to add to the complications I'll arrive at CDG airport and my hostel is near the Eiffel Tower.
My questions are:
1) For those who have traveled from Rome -> Paris before, how did you do it and would you say you preferred that journey?
2) What's the best way to get to the city center from the CDG airport, especially if you are just 1 person?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 2 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 3 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 4 Southwest boarding
- 5 "under the seat space"
- 6 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 7 Contact # for Delta
- 8 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 9 Starting my Planning
- 10 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 12 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 13 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 14 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 15 Using american voucher
- 16 UA Carry-On Policy
- 17 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 18 Customs and Connection Times
- 19 BA short turnaround time
- 20 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 21 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 22 easyJet westard-ho
- 23 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 24 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 25 how to use rewards for upgrades