I'm traveling with a companion (both in our mid 20s) to Switzerland and Italy this September and after that I will be going to Paris by myself for 5 days. We are both flying into Geneva and my TC wants to go together, but she works until 2:00 PM that day (luckily half day due to the long weekend) and will not be able to get to the airport until 4, meaning we have to get a late flight. I have tried looking for different options and the price of the flight ticket without Rome -> Paris is about less than $100 of a difference. I looked at seat61.com already and I would prefer flying, but the best I can get is a 6 hour journey of which 3 hours will be spent in Dusseldorf. And to add to the complications I'll arrive at CDG airport and my hostel is near the Eiffel Tower.
My questions are:
1) For those who have traveled from Rome -> Paris before, how did you do it and would you say you preferred that journey?
2) What's the best way to get to the city center from the CDG airport, especially if you are just 1 person?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 SFO runway closures ?
- 2 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 3 AA from PHL to LIH for Seniors
- 4 Help!
- 5 Amaszonas Airlines
- 6 El Salvador plane change
- 7 A horror story about Justfly
- 8 Would you rather...KEF vs ARN Layover
- 9 You gotta love Southwest
- 10 Vancouver Ariport lounges?
- 11 Picking a seat on Virgin
- 12 Condor phone number???
- 13 Condor flight check-in, seat selection, bag check, etc help?
- 14 Connection time
- 15 Anyone need round trip tickets to France / Barcelona
- 16 Priceline BA Flight on AA Codeshare Questions
- 17 Carry on
- 18 Upgraded; will it stick?
- 19 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 20 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 21 International trip to Zurich, in parts...?
- 22 First time to Italy
- 23 Departing FCO
- 24 Car seat harassment
- 25 Air Canada rouge or air transat?