i'm trying to wrap my head around a bunch of stuff about AMS (schipol) and i'm feeling very confused/stupid about my upcoming trip.
DH and i are flying YYZ - AMS - BCN on KLM. our return flight is CDG - AMS - YYZ.
my questions are:
1. on my way FROM Toronto, where will I go through customs? in AMS or in BCN?
1a. will i go through customs between AMS - BCN and CDG - AMS? (i think the answer is no but i just want to double check).
2. when I get off the plane from YYZ in AMS, I will have just under three hours before my AMS - BCN leg. will I have enough time to peruse some of the shops in AMS and get a bite to eat?
3. i'm gathering (from another thread that I posted about shopping at AMS) that there are two 'areas' of the AMS airport ... one that is considered "within the terminal" (i.e. i wouldn't have to go through security to get onto my AMS - BCN flight) and one that is considered "outside of the terminal but still attached" (i.e. schipol plaza ... if i go here, i will need to come through security to get onto my AMS - BCN flight). is this understanding correct?
4. if i have to go through security at AMS to board my AMS - BCN flight, how much time should i allot?
5. is my CDG - AMS flight considered 'international'? i am very confused about this ... i have read varying arrival/check-in times for CDG ... some say 3 hours, some say 2 hours. my CDG flight leaves at 9:30 am on a friday ... i was planning to get to CDG by 6:30 am (overkill? maybe - but i'd rather sit and wait at the airport terminal knowing that i'm going to make my flight than be panicking somewhere along the way!). i called KLM and they advised a minimum of 2 hours.
sorry for all the complicated questions ... every time i've flown out of europe previously, i've always taken a direct flight. and this AMS stopover is throwing me for a loop.
questions about passport/security/etc. when flying through AMS
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Health and Safety for time left sitting on the tarmac.
- 2 Using a "Fake" Location for Better Flight Prices???
- 3 Air canada checking correct VISA
- 4 Do we need a 3 hour layover at DFW if coming from overseas?
- 5 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 6 TAP Portuguese Air
- 7 Which One World Airline to Use: American, Cathay Pacific, JAL?
- 8 90 minute change at heathrow terminal 5
- 9 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 10 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 11 redeeming dividend miles
- 12 Keeping AA miles alive
- 13 Taxis at CDG......
- 14 why hasnt price of airfare dropped?
- 15 United/Lufthansa code share--can't reserve seats until departure??????
- 16 KLM stinks
- 17 Driver's License Expired and TSA
- 18 The beggining of the end of Airbus A380?
- 19 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 20 Please help: Singapore to Tahiti to Hawaii to Singapore
- 21 Name on passport differs from air ticket
- 22 Korean Air Executive Resigns Post After Halting Flight Over Snack Service
- 23 To select a seat or not>
- 24 Using half of a RT ticket
- 25 United Flight- Houston/Tokyo