i'm trying to wrap my head around a bunch of stuff about AMS (schipol) and i'm feeling very confused/stupid about my upcoming trip.
DH and i are flying YYZ - AMS - BCN on KLM. our return flight is CDG - AMS - YYZ.
my questions are:
1. on my way FROM Toronto, where will I go through customs? in AMS or in BCN?
1a. will i go through customs between AMS - BCN and CDG - AMS? (i think the answer is no but i just want to double check).
2. when I get off the plane from YYZ in AMS, I will have just under three hours before my AMS - BCN leg. will I have enough time to peruse some of the shops in AMS and get a bite to eat?
3. i'm gathering (from another thread that I posted about shopping at AMS) that there are two 'areas' of the AMS airport ... one that is considered "within the terminal" (i.e. i wouldn't have to go through security to get onto my AMS - BCN flight) and one that is considered "outside of the terminal but still attached" (i.e. schipol plaza ... if i go here, i will need to come through security to get onto my AMS - BCN flight). is this understanding correct?
4. if i have to go through security at AMS to board my AMS - BCN flight, how much time should i allot?
5. is my CDG - AMS flight considered 'international'? i am very confused about this ... i have read varying arrival/check-in times for CDG ... some say 3 hours, some say 2 hours. my CDG flight leaves at 9:30 am on a friday ... i was planning to get to CDG by 6:30 am (overkill? maybe - but i'd rather sit and wait at the airport terminal knowing that i'm going to make my flight than be panicking somewhere along the way!). i called KLM and they advised a minimum of 2 hours.
sorry for all the complicated questions ... every time i've flown out of europe previously, i've always taken a direct flight. and this AMS stopover is throwing me for a loop.
questions about passport/security/etc. when flying through AMS
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 2 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 3 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 4 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 5 upgrading flights
- 6 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 7 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 8 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 9 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 10 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 11 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 12 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 13 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 14 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 15 Sharing an excellent experience
- 16 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 17 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 18 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 19 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 20 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 21 Jetstar Business Class
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 spirit airlines usa
- 24 Using AA ff miles for Asia
- 25 How far in advance to book award travel