i'm trying to wrap my head around a bunch of stuff about AMS (schipol) and i'm feeling very confused/stupid about my upcoming trip.
DH and i are flying YYZ - AMS - BCN on KLM. our return flight is CDG - AMS - YYZ.
my questions are:
1. on my way FROM Toronto, where will I go through customs? in AMS or in BCN?
1a. will i go through customs between AMS - BCN and CDG - AMS? (i think the answer is no but i just want to double check).
2. when I get off the plane from YYZ in AMS, I will have just under three hours before my AMS - BCN leg. will I have enough time to peruse some of the shops in AMS and get a bite to eat?
3. i'm gathering (from another thread that I posted about shopping at AMS) that there are two 'areas' of the AMS airport ... one that is considered "within the terminal" (i.e. i wouldn't have to go through security to get onto my AMS - BCN flight) and one that is considered "outside of the terminal but still attached" (i.e. schipol plaza ... if i go here, i will need to come through security to get onto my AMS - BCN flight). is this understanding correct?
4. if i have to go through security at AMS to board my AMS - BCN flight, how much time should i allot?
5. is my CDG - AMS flight considered 'international'? i am very confused about this ... i have read varying arrival/check-in times for CDG ... some say 3 hours, some say 2 hours. my CDG flight leaves at 9:30 am on a friday ... i was planning to get to CDG by 6:30 am (overkill? maybe - but i'd rather sit and wait at the airport terminal knowing that i'm going to make my flight than be panicking somewhere along the way!). i called KLM and they advised a minimum of 2 hours.
sorry for all the complicated questions ... every time i've flown out of europe previously, i've always taken a direct flight. and this AMS stopover is throwing me for a loop.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 2 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 3 how to use rewards for upgrades
- 4 Lufthansa luggage limitations
- 5 Tramadol
- 6 easyJet westard-ho
- 7 Help with JFK to VTE flights
- 8 Transiting through FRA
- 9 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 10 Why is Malaysian air SO HIGH!!
- 11 Air Berlin Going Out of Business
- 12 question about changing terminals
- 13 Customs/Baggage Claim in Athens Greece Question
- 14 Group Travel on Southwest
- 15 delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta
- 16 BA short turnaround time
- 17 Changng a Delta Code Share with KLM
- 18 helli
- 19 redress number question
- 20 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 21 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 22 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City?
- 23 How is this possible?
- 24 Connection time at Heathrow
- 25 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
questions about passport/security/etc. when flying through AMS