Curious if anyone has information on "open ended airline tickets"
This is my situation: I will be in South Africa for 5-6 months. I know when I am going, but still unsure of the return date because I may stay a little extra longer and travel with family and friends. I finish school there in June and would normally fly home right after, but may stay another week or so. So, my return date would be with in a few weeks, not like I would be there for anther few months.
Wondering if there is a huge fee for an open ended ticket? Or what is the best way to go about it. Or should I even do the open ended and just get the refundable one to re-schedule my flight? I also would love to have a long layover (like a day or two) somewhere (preferably in Europe) on the way back so I can sneak in another quick trip. I make plane tickets so complicated.
So if anyone has a great experience with open ended tickets or extensive knowledge about getting them and some rules and fees that may apply…. please fill me in. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 2 Carry on
- 3 SFO runway closures ?
- 4 Car seat harassment
- 5 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 6 Is connection time of 1 hour enough for transfer from A24 to Z20
- 7 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 8 Air Canada rouge or air transat?
- 9 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 10 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 11 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 12 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 13 WestJet to add budget line
- 14 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 15 gate distance
- 16 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 17 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 18 Luggage tag
- 19 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 20 Departing FCO
- 21 carryon fee on international flights?
- 22 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 23 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 24 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 25 Changing terminals in Philadelphia