Curious if anyone has information on "open ended airline tickets"
This is my situation: I will be in South Africa for 5-6 months. I know when I am going, but still unsure of the return date because I may stay a little extra longer and travel with family and friends. I finish school there in June and would normally fly home right after, but may stay another week or so. So, my return date would be with in a few weeks, not like I would be there for anther few months.
Wondering if there is a huge fee for an open ended ticket? Or what is the best way to go about it. Or should I even do the open ended and just get the refundable one to re-schedule my flight? I also would love to have a long layover (like a day or two) somewhere (preferably in Europe) on the way back so I can sneak in another quick trip. I make plane tickets so complicated.
So if anyone has a great experience with open ended tickets or extensive knowledge about getting them and some rules and fees that may apply…. please fill me in. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 2 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 3 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 4 Southwest boarding
- 5 "under the seat space"
- 6 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 7 Contact # for Delta
- 8 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 9 Starting my Planning
- 10 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 12 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 13 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 14 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 15 Using american voucher
- 16 UA Carry-On Policy
- 17 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 18 Customs and Connection Times
- 19 BA short turnaround time
- 20 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 21 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 22 easyJet westard-ho
- 23 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 24 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 25 how to use rewards for upgrades