Curious if anyone has information on "open ended airline tickets"
This is my situation: I will be in South Africa for 5-6 months. I know when I am going, but still unsure of the return date because I may stay a little extra longer and travel with family and friends. I finish school there in June and would normally fly home right after, but may stay another week or so. So, my return date would be with in a few weeks, not like I would be there for anther few months.
Wondering if there is a huge fee for an open ended ticket? Or what is the best way to go about it. Or should I even do the open ended and just get the refundable one to re-schedule my flight? I also would love to have a long layover (like a day or two) somewhere (preferably in Europe) on the way back so I can sneak in another quick trip. I make plane tickets so complicated.
So if anyone has a great experience with open ended tickets or extensive knowledge about getting them and some rules and fees that may apply…. please fill me in. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 2 Traveling to Spain in March
- 3 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 4 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 5 Google Flights ?
- 6 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 7 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 8 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 9 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 10 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 11 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 12 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 13 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 14 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 15 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 16 Flying "Backwards"
- 17 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 18 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 19 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 20 Delta and Virgin
- 21 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 22 Newark connection
- 23 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 24 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 25 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz