Curious if anyone has information on "open ended airline tickets"
This is my situation: I will be in South Africa for 5-6 months. I know when I am going, but still unsure of the return date because I may stay a little extra longer and travel with family and friends. I finish school there in June and would normally fly home right after, but may stay another week or so. So, my return date would be with in a few weeks, not like I would be there for anther few months.
Wondering if there is a huge fee for an open ended ticket? Or what is the best way to go about it. Or should I even do the open ended and just get the refundable one to re-schedule my flight? I also would love to have a long layover (like a day or two) somewhere (preferably in Europe) on the way back so I can sneak in another quick trip. I make plane tickets so complicated.
So if anyone has a great experience with open ended tickets or extensive knowledge about getting them and some rules and fees that may apply…. please fill me in. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 2 Aiports in Paris
- 3 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 4 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 5 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 6 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 7 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 8 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 9 Laguardia hassle?
- 10 Parking at JFK
- 11 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 12 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 13 Justfly.com
- 14 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 15 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 16 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 17 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 18 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 19 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 20 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 21 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 22 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 23 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 24 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 25 Changing Dates on United FF award tix