I will try to keep this brief. Basically, my family of four have a trip booked to Greece from 7/9-7/24. I booked this months ago on Expedia from JFK-SKG on Lufthansa as though JFK is not my home airport we found an amazing deal which was well worth going through JFK rather than Boston which is two hours less to get to for us.
As luck would have it, my 2 yr old son has contracted a virus (not to go into too much detail, but involving major diarrhea, etc). We meet with the doctor in the morning to see what will happen.
However, I wanted to ask what the best course of action would be if we did have to cancel our trip. We paid about $830 ticket when I booked back in February, of course you won't find anything near that to fly to Greece anytime this summer.
My question is how much are the charges if we changed the dates of our flights? I know that there is a rebooking fee of $250 per ticket, but does anyone know if there are other charges generally slapped on to that rebooking fee? In other words would it make more sense to just cancel the trip and try to recoup the money from the insurance we purchased? Or would it be more worthwhile to just rebook and take the hit with the rebooking fees?
Tickets to Greece from either BOS or JFK to either ATH or SKG will undoubtedly be now almost doubled what we originally paid and I know I won't get exact answers until I go through the process, however I was hoping you guys could guide with some general help through your experience.
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 오션파라다이스7 ✱ 마윈 doum911 COM ✱ 파워볼유출픽 안전놀이터
- 2 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 3 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 4 Miami International Airport
- 5 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 6 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 7 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 8 Question on checkin for international
- 9 travelling with ensure
- 10 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 11 Connection time
- 12 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 13 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 14 Award travel and fees
- 15 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 16 PHL layover
- 17 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 18 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 19 searching for flights on Kayak
- 20 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 21 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 22 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 23 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 24 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 25 Renewal of Global Entry