Air Travel Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Air Travel activity »
  1. 1 Sun Country Flight Booking Number (1844-8721285)
  2. 2 To pass the time on long haul flights..
  3. 3 Connection time at Heathrow
  4. 4 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
  5. 5 Hypothetical question
  6. 6 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
  7. 7 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
  8. 8 Headphones on planes
  9. 9 redress number question
  10. 10 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
  11. 11 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
  12. 12 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
  13. 13 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
  14. 14 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
  15. 15 Detroit to London to Croatia
  16. 16 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
  17. 17 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
  18. 18 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
  19. 19 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
  20. 20 Does anyone know what's happening with United in November?
  21. 21 From Riyadh, (KSA) to London, (UK)
  22. 22 Bravofly issue
  23. 23 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
  24. 24 AA Aadvantage Website is Making Me CRAZY!!!
  25. 25 First time traveler in need of serious advices
View next 25 » Back to the top

Potential Trip Cancellation Help

Jump to last reply

Hey guys,

I will try to keep this brief. Basically, my family of four have a trip booked to Greece from 7/9-7/24. I booked this months ago on Expedia from JFK-SKG on Lufthansa as though JFK is not my home airport we found an amazing deal which was well worth going through JFK rather than Boston which is two hours less to get to for us.

As luck would have it, my 2 yr old son has contracted a virus (not to go into too much detail, but involving major diarrhea, etc). We meet with the doctor in the morning to see what will happen.

However, I wanted to ask what the best course of action would be if we did have to cancel our trip. We paid about $830 ticket when I booked back in February, of course you won't find anything near that to fly to Greece anytime this summer.

My question is how much are the charges if we changed the dates of our flights? I know that there is a rebooking fee of $250 per ticket, but does anyone know if there are other charges generally slapped on to that rebooking fee? In other words would it make more sense to just cancel the trip and try to recoup the money from the insurance we purchased? Or would it be more worthwhile to just rebook and take the hit with the rebooking fees?

Tickets to Greece from either BOS or JFK to either ATH or SKG will undoubtedly be now almost doubled what we originally paid and I know I won't get exact answers until I go through the process, however I was hoping you guys could guide with some general help through your experience.

Thanks for your time.

3 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement