I will try to keep this brief. Basically, my family of four have a trip booked to Greece from 7/9-7/24. I booked this months ago on Expedia from JFK-SKG on Lufthansa as though JFK is not my home airport we found an amazing deal which was well worth going through JFK rather than Boston which is two hours less to get to for us.
As luck would have it, my 2 yr old son has contracted a virus (not to go into too much detail, but involving major diarrhea, etc). We meet with the doctor in the morning to see what will happen.
However, I wanted to ask what the best course of action would be if we did have to cancel our trip. We paid about $830 ticket when I booked back in February, of course you won't find anything near that to fly to Greece anytime this summer.
My question is how much are the charges if we changed the dates of our flights? I know that there is a rebooking fee of $250 per ticket, but does anyone know if there are other charges generally slapped on to that rebooking fee? In other words would it make more sense to just cancel the trip and try to recoup the money from the insurance we purchased? Or would it be more worthwhile to just rebook and take the hit with the rebooking fees?
Tickets to Greece from either BOS or JFK to either ATH or SKG will undoubtedly be now almost doubled what we originally paid and I know I won't get exact answers until I go through the process, however I was hoping you guys could guide with some general help through your experience.
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 AOL 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 3 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 4 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 5 Southwest boarding
- 6 "under the seat space"
- 7 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 8 Contact # for Delta
- 9 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 10 Starting my Planning
- 11 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 12 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 13 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 14 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 15 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 16 Using american voucher
- 17 UA Carry-On Policy
- 18 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 19 Customs and Connection Times
- 20 BA short turnaround time
- 21 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 22 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 23 easyJet westard-ho
- 24 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 25 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.