Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call
- 2 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 3 Bravofly 1 click 4 all your money !
- 4 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 5 Air France strike over
- 6 Transferring TBIT to Terminal 6 in LAX - lounge options?
- 7 Questions asked by CBP
- 8 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 9 Buying access to airport lounges
- 10 Strange extra security ATL-DCA yesterday
- 11 Air France Pilots Strike
- 12 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 13 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 14 Air Canada - UTL flight
- 15 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 16 Using award miles, fly free but pay taxes
- 17 Europe to US destination non-stop options
- 18 Air Canada -- Emergency Row Exit
- 19 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 20 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 21 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 22 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 23 787-9 Dreamliner
- 24 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 25 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?