Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Virgin Australia VS OneTravel
- 2 Airline equalities top ten airlines for 2014. Some surprises.
- 3 Question about Star Alliance lounge access
- 4 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 5 airline transportation cart
- 6 US Air Absolutely Horrid
- 7 What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?
- 8 VISA date conflict
- 9 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 10 Ryanair puts on airs
- 11 Qantas Economy Class Amenities. SYD-DFW Are there any?
- 12 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 13 Beware of Bravofly
- 14 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 15 Virgin Australia vs. Quantas Air
- 16 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 17 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 18 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 19 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 20 Connecting: CDG-VRN
- 21 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 22 Airfare for Budapest May 2015
- 23 Dubai / Visa
- 24 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 25 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport