Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 2 Beware of Bravofly
- 3 Which Address on Luggage Tag?
- 4 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 5 Do any airlines allow smoking on board?
- 6 Transferring air carriers and luggage?
- 7 Not Re-checking luggage at Port of Entry
- 8 airlines recommendation from the USA to Hong Kong
- 9 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 10 TSA hand wipe
- 11 "Cabin max" backpacks
- 12 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 13 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 14 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 15 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 16 United flight reservation change
- 17 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 18 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 19 Codeshares
- 20 First point if entry in USA
- 21 Help need about onward trabel
- 22 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 23 Jacob Ng Community
- 24 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 25 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid