Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 2 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 3 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 4 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 5 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 6 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 7 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 8 Subject to Government Approval?
- 9 Gate Check Question
- 10 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 11 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 12 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 13 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 14 Worst US airline?
- 15 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 16 Buying business and coach tickets
- 17 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 18 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 19 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 20 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 21 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 22 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 25 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?