Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 "The airport has no ballast - you have to get off"
- 2 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 3 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 4 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 5 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 6 upgrading flights
- 7 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 8 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 9 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 10 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 11 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 12 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 13 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 14 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 15 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 16 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 17 Sharing an excellent experience
- 18 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 19 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 20 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 21 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 22 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 23 Jetstar Business Class
- 24 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 25 spirit airlines usa