Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Time needed between flights?
- 2 Air canada checking correct VISA
- 3 Health and Safety for time left sitting on the tarmac.
- 4 Using a "Fake" Location for Better Flight Prices???
- 5 Do we need a 3 hour layover at DFW if coming from overseas?
- 6 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 7 TAP Portuguese Air
- 8 Which One World Airline to Use: American, Cathay Pacific, JAL?
- 9 90 minute change at heathrow terminal 5
- 10 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 11 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 12 redeeming dividend miles
- 13 Keeping AA miles alive
- 14 Taxis at CDG......
- 15 why hasnt price of airfare dropped?
- 16 United/Lufthansa code share--can't reserve seats until departure??????
- 17 KLM stinks
- 18 Driver's License Expired and TSA
- 19 The beggining of the end of Airbus A380?
- 20 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 21 Please help: Singapore to Tahiti to Hawaii to Singapore
- 22 Name on passport differs from air ticket
- 23 Korean Air Executive Resigns Post After Halting Flight Over Snack Service
- 24 To select a seat or not>
- 25 Using half of a RT ticket