Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 2 Lufthansa Intra-Europe Travel: How strict on hand baggage?
- 3 Airfare to Italy
- 4 Comparing Business Class Experience: AA, USAir International
- 5 Booking a United award in Lufthansa premium economy: Is it possible?
- 6 Alitalia
- 7 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 8 Layover in the airport
- 9 Bringing in Bali coffee to Brunei and UK.
- 10 Any difference between Air NZ Business Class seats, 777-300, 787?
- 11 AA Downgrading from 777's to 767's on DFW-FRA Route
- 12 San Jose Costa Rica to Havana Cuba
- 13 British Air Miles - Household Account Question
- 14 US Airways schedule changes
- 15 Confusing Lufthansa Carry On Weight Restrictions
- 16 use of united skylounge if flying a different airline
- 17 Need Advice on EU 261--contact Lufthansa or United for compensation?
- 18 Crease on passport ID page
- 19 Beware of Bravofly
- 20 never fly LIAT
- 21 JetBlue Amex card
- 22 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 23 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 24 21 hour layover in Doha?
- 25 Any input on recent KLM Premium Economy?