Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Beware of Bravofly
- 2 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 3 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 4 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 5 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 6 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 7 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 8 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 9 When to buy tickets
- 10 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 11 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 12 TSA hand wipe
- 13 Delta question?
- 14 Layover in London
- 15 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 16 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 17 British Air or Air France
- 18 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 19 Please help with Delta miles
- 20 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 21 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 22 Air fares to Europe in August
- 23 Tracking fare info
- 24 Kayak Price Alert - multicity?
- 25 Nonstop from Washington DC to Honolulu?