Today is a sad day in aviation history, despite the pleading of many, and the iconic Pan Am Worldport being listed as an endaangerd building, Delta Airlines has moved forward and is tearing down the flying saucer structure that has graced JFK for many decades. This to create 3 additional airplan parking spaces on their 45 acre portion of JFK. I, like many have fond memories of the Worldport in the 60's and even just last month when we departed from their to Venice. this is a gret loss of architecture and aviation history.
Pan Am Worldport is coming down
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 2 Using half of a RT ticket
- 3 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 4 Turkish airlines
- 5 Frankfurt connection
- 6 Turkish Airlines / Layover at IST questions
- 7 Aadvantage seats availability
- 8 1 Hour 1 minute connection in Newark
- 9 Schengen visa inquiry
- 10 Keeping AA miles alive
- 11 ATL - domestic flight use security International terminal?
- 12 Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Singapore Changi Airport
- 13 Singapore Airlines
- 14 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 15 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 16 Malaysia-Singapore-Taiwan
- 17 New rules for United Mileage Plus elite qualification
- 18 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim?
- 19 RUH to AMS via CDG-1 hr layover enough?
- 20 United Premier status?
- 21 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 22 Independent ticketing
- 23 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 24 Taxes refunded when Canceling a Flt
- 25 Connecting at Schiphol