Because Orbitz's "multiple carrier" tickets are usually the lowest priced, I'm considering buying one of them: Seattle to Paris via Newark using Continental and Air India. But is this type of "mix and match" ticket safe to use? And is Orbitz the only booking agency that offers multiple carriers? (Yes, yes, I know that Air India receives bad reviews here but I haven't ruled it completely out yet.) Has anyone experienced problems in similar mutli-carrier situations? For instance, in my example, if the Continental inbound to EWR is delayed causing me to miss the 2 hour connection to the Air India flight to CDG, who would logically be responsible for rebooking me to CDG at no additional cost? According to a post on 1-4-06 "the delivering carrier must accept responsibility" for missed connections but only if both segments are on "one ticket." In this type of Orbitz booking are both segments likely to "be on one ticket"? An e ticket? Or in a multiple carrier arrangement like this which involves an international segment would both segments be on one PAPER ticket? Anyone had any experiences which could shed light on this? (I already emailed Orbitz's customer service about this but they were vague, replying at first, "call Orbitz" and in a second email they said that I should "talk to the 'airlines involved' because 'they' should take care of me."
Orbitz's "multiple carrier." 1 ticket or 2? Missed connection?
- 1 Kitchens Nottingham Area
- 2 Flight connection in Brussels: Help!!
- 3 What do I owe to a Travel Agent?
- 4 Beware of Bravofly
- 5 Great coffee
- 6 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 7 US customs forms questions
- 8 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 9 LAX customs HELP
- 10 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 11 flights to israel from ny
- 12 Flights to Europe
- 13 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 14 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 15 easyJet cabin baggage
- 16 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 17 Award Availability
- 18 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 19 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 20 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 21 Expedia points?
- 22 Traveling with Cremains
- 23 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 24 self check in kiosks
- 25 How does duty free shopping work?