Because Orbitz's "multiple carrier" tickets are usually the lowest priced, I'm considering buying one of them: Seattle to Paris via Newark using Continental and Air India. But is this type of "mix and match" ticket safe to use? And is Orbitz the only booking agency that offers multiple carriers? (Yes, yes, I know that Air India receives bad reviews here but I haven't ruled it completely out yet.) Has anyone experienced problems in similar mutli-carrier situations? For instance, in my example, if the Continental inbound to EWR is delayed causing me to miss the 2 hour connection to the Air India flight to CDG, who would logically be responsible for rebooking me to CDG at no additional cost? According to a post on 1-4-06 "the delivering carrier must accept responsibility" for missed connections but only if both segments are on "one ticket." In this type of Orbitz booking are both segments likely to "be on one ticket"? An e ticket? Or in a multiple carrier arrangement like this which involves an international segment would both segments be on one PAPER ticket? Anyone had any experiences which could shed light on this? (I already emailed Orbitz's customer service about this but they were vague, replying at first, "call Orbitz" and in a second email they said that I should "talk to the 'airlines involved' because 'they' should take care of me."
Orbitz's "multiple carrier." 1 ticket or 2? Missed connection?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Time needed between flights?
- 2 Air canada checking correct VISA
- 3 Health and Safety for time left sitting on the tarmac.
- 4 Using a "Fake" Location for Better Flight Prices???
- 5 Do we need a 3 hour layover at DFW if coming from overseas?
- 6 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 7 TAP Portuguese Air
- 8 Which One World Airline to Use: American, Cathay Pacific, JAL?
- 9 90 minute change at heathrow terminal 5
- 10 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 11 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 12 redeeming dividend miles
- 13 Keeping AA miles alive
- 14 Taxis at CDG......
- 15 why hasnt price of airfare dropped?
- 16 United/Lufthansa code share--can't reserve seats until departure??????
- 17 KLM stinks
- 18 Driver's License Expired and TSA
- 19 The beggining of the end of Airbus A380?
- 20 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 21 Please help: Singapore to Tahiti to Hawaii to Singapore
- 22 Name on passport differs from air ticket
- 23 Korean Air Executive Resigns Post After Halting Flight Over Snack Service
- 24 To select a seat or not>
- 25 Using half of a RT ticket