Because Orbitz's "multiple carrier" tickets are usually the lowest priced, I'm considering buying one of them: Seattle to Paris via Newark using Continental and Air India. But is this type of "mix and match" ticket safe to use? And is Orbitz the only booking agency that offers multiple carriers? (Yes, yes, I know that Air India receives bad reviews here but I haven't ruled it completely out yet.) Has anyone experienced problems in similar mutli-carrier situations? For instance, in my example, if the Continental inbound to EWR is delayed causing me to miss the 2 hour connection to the Air India flight to CDG, who would logically be responsible for rebooking me to CDG at no additional cost? According to a post on 1-4-06 "the delivering carrier must accept responsibility" for missed connections but only if both segments are on "one ticket." In this type of Orbitz booking are both segments likely to "be on one ticket"? An e ticket? Or in a multiple carrier arrangement like this which involves an international segment would both segments be on one PAPER ticket? Anyone had any experiences which could shed light on this? (I already emailed Orbitz's customer service about this but they were vague, replying at first, "call Orbitz" and in a second email they said that I should "talk to the 'airlines involved' because 'they' should take care of me."
Orbitz's "multiple carrier." 1 ticket or 2? Missed connection?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 airlines recommendation from the USA to Hong Kong
- 2 "Cabin max" backpacks
- 3 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 4 TSA hand wipe
- 5 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 6 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 7 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 8 United flight reservation change
- 9 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 10 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 11 Codeshares
- 12 First point if entry in USA
- 13 Help need about onward trabel
- 14 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 15 Jacob Ng Community
- 16 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 17 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 18 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 19 LAX. Terminal 4 to terminal 6
- 20 Beware of Bravofly
- 21 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 22 Connecting in SFO, domestic to international flight
- 23 Bravofly is a scam - beware
- 24 LAX to Tokoy - How much Lay Over TIme Do I Need
- 25 Flight to Dublin