Because Orbitz's "multiple carrier" tickets are usually the lowest priced, I'm considering buying one of them: Seattle to Paris via Newark using Continental and Air India. But is this type of "mix and match" ticket safe to use? And is Orbitz the only booking agency that offers multiple carriers? (Yes, yes, I know that Air India receives bad reviews here but I haven't ruled it completely out yet.) Has anyone experienced problems in similar mutli-carrier situations? For instance, in my example, if the Continental inbound to EWR is delayed causing me to miss the 2 hour connection to the Air India flight to CDG, who would logically be responsible for rebooking me to CDG at no additional cost? According to a post on 1-4-06 "the delivering carrier must accept responsibility" for missed connections but only if both segments are on "one ticket." In this type of Orbitz booking are both segments likely to "be on one ticket"? An e ticket? Or in a multiple carrier arrangement like this which involves an international segment would both segments be on one PAPER ticket? Anyone had any experiences which could shed light on this? (I already emailed Orbitz's customer service about this but they were vague, replying at first, "call Orbitz" and in a second email they said that I should "talk to the 'airlines involved' because 'they' should take care of me."
Orbitz's "multiple carrier." 1 ticket or 2? Missed connection?
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 2 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 3 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 4 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 5 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 6 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 7 Subject to Government Approval?
- 8 Gate Check Question
- 9 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 10 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 11 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 12 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 13 Worst US airline?
- 14 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 15 Buying business and coach tickets
- 16 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 17 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 18 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 19 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 20 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 21 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 24 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 25 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement