Because Orbitz's "multiple carrier" tickets are usually the lowest priced, I'm considering buying one of them: Seattle to Paris via Newark using Continental and Air India. But is this type of "mix and match" ticket safe to use? And is Orbitz the only booking agency that offers multiple carriers? (Yes, yes, I know that Air India receives bad reviews here but I haven't ruled it completely out yet.) Has anyone experienced problems in similar mutli-carrier situations? For instance, in my example, if the Continental inbound to EWR is delayed causing me to miss the 2 hour connection to the Air India flight to CDG, who would logically be responsible for rebooking me to CDG at no additional cost? According to a post on 1-4-06 "the delivering carrier must accept responsibility" for missed connections but only if both segments are on "one ticket." In this type of Orbitz booking are both segments likely to "be on one ticket"? An e ticket? Or in a multiple carrier arrangement like this which involves an international segment would both segments be on one PAPER ticket? Anyone had any experiences which could shed light on this? (I already emailed Orbitz's customer service about this but they were vague, replying at first, "call Orbitz" and in a second email they said that I should "talk to the 'airlines involved' because 'they' should take care of me."
Orbitz's "multiple carrier." 1 ticket or 2? Missed connection?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Transfer time in CDG for different tickets
- 2 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 3 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 4 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 5 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 6 United/Lufthansa - no miles credit for the Lufthansa legs?
- 7 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 8 Booking Annoyance
- 9 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 10 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 11 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 12 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 13 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 14 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 15 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 16 Arrival at SFO
- 17 American Airlines awards
- 18 Delta?
- 19 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 20 Delayed Luggage
- 21 Ryanair puts on airs
- 22 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 23 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 24 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 25 Seat selection help Korean Air