Hi everyone! My daughters and I are going to visit Munich, Venice, Nice and either Colmar for a couple of days where our relatives are from, or maybe Amalfi. We have been to Europe once before, and when we went last time we flew round trip to Paris. Our last stop at that time was Florence. When our trip was over, we flew a budget airline back to Paris and then caught a flight home to New York. I am an avid reader and follower of Rick Steves travel books. The thing is, he always says that its best to fly "open jaw" which would be great because of the multiple itineraries. However Rick says its cheaper to fly that way. I have checked with travelocity and even directly with different airlines and they all were much more expensive to fly into one city and out of another. Does anyone know why Rick Steves says its cheaper when I have consistently found it more expensive to fly that way? Am I missing something or could Rick Steves possibly be wrong about flying open jaw? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
Open jaw or Round trip?
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 2 Gate Check Question
- 3 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 4 TAP airlines-carry on?
- 5 Wher do we pass thru passport control
- 6 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 7 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 8 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 9 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 10 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 11 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 12 Subject to Government Approval?
- 13 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 14 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 15 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 16 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 17 Worst US airline?
- 18 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 19 Buying business and coach tickets
- 20 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 21 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 22 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 23 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 24 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 25 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger