On an international return into Chicago O'Hare the other Sunday, the gate agent at our arriving flight told us to expect up to 3 hour waits for immigration and customs. I cringed. But then along the hallway in T5 there I noticed signs to the effect of "One Stop - Carry On Only". It turns out if you have carry on only, there is a special line you enter before the big room with the immigration lines. That very busy Sunday at 5 pm there were only 6 people ahead of me. There were two special booths staffed, you give the immigration official your passport and your customs card. He keeps the customs card, you walk out a special door without going through the baggage claim area. So one stop, not two. And you exit the terminal. Took about 10 minutes from gate to exit! Don't know why they have this. Never saw it before in the 29 years I have lived in Chicago and traveled internationally but I was glad to see it.
One Reason to Do Only Carry On
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Turkish airlines
- 2 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 3 Using half of a RT ticket
- 4 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 5 Frankfurt connection
- 6 Turkish Airlines / Layover at IST questions
- 7 Aadvantage seats availability
- 8 1 Hour 1 minute connection in Newark
- 9 Schengen visa inquiry
- 10 Keeping AA miles alive
- 11 ATL - domestic flight use security International terminal?
- 12 Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Singapore Changi Airport
- 13 Singapore Airlines
- 14 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 15 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 16 Malaysia-Singapore-Taiwan
- 17 New rules for United Mileage Plus elite qualification
- 18 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim?
- 19 RUH to AMS via CDG-1 hr layover enough?
- 20 United Premier status?
- 21 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 22 Independent ticketing
- 23 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 24 Taxes refunded when Canceling a Flt
- 25 Connecting at Schiphol