On an international return into Chicago O'Hare the other Sunday, the gate agent at our arriving flight told us to expect up to 3 hour waits for immigration and customs. I cringed. But then along the hallway in T5 there I noticed signs to the effect of "One Stop - Carry On Only". It turns out if you have carry on only, there is a special line you enter before the big room with the immigration lines. That very busy Sunday at 5 pm there were only 6 people ahead of me. There were two special booths staffed, you give the immigration official your passport and your customs card. He keeps the customs card, you walk out a special door without going through the baggage claim area. So one stop, not two. And you exit the terminal. Took about 10 minutes from gate to exit! Don't know why they have this. Never saw it before in the 29 years I have lived in Chicago and traveled internationally but I was glad to see it.
One Reason to Do Only Carry On
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Layover Time
- 2 Delta in Amsterdam
- 3 Beware of Bravofly
- 4 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 5 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 6 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 7 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 8 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 9 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 10 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 11 When to buy tickets
- 12 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 13 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 14 TSA hand wipe
- 15 Delta question?
- 16 Layover in London
- 17 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 18 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 19 British Air or Air France
- 20 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 21 Please help with Delta miles
- 22 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 23 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 24 Air fares to Europe in August
- 25 Tracking fare info