On an international return into Chicago O'Hare the other Sunday, the gate agent at our arriving flight told us to expect up to 3 hour waits for immigration and customs. I cringed. But then along the hallway in T5 there I noticed signs to the effect of "One Stop - Carry On Only". It turns out if you have carry on only, there is a special line you enter before the big room with the immigration lines. That very busy Sunday at 5 pm there were only 6 people ahead of me. There were two special booths staffed, you give the immigration official your passport and your customs card. He keeps the customs card, you walk out a special door without going through the baggage claim area. So one stop, not two. And you exit the terminal. Took about 10 minutes from gate to exit! Don't know why they have this. Never saw it before in the 29 years I have lived in Chicago and traveled internationally but I was glad to see it.
One Reason to Do Only Carry On
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Arrival at SFO
- 2 TSA PreCheck - did not apply but boarding pass indicated
- 3 Which Address on Luggage Tag?
- 4 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 5 Do any airlines allow smoking on board?
- 6 airlines recommendation from the USA to Hong Kong
- 7 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 8 Beware of Bravofly
- 9 Transferring air carriers and luggage?
- 10 Not Re-checking luggage at Port of Entry
- 11 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 12 TSA hand wipe
- 13 "Cabin max" backpacks
- 14 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 15 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 16 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 17 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 18 United flight reservation change
- 19 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 20 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 21 Codeshares
- 22 First point if entry in USA
- 23 Help need about onward trabel
- 24 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 25 Jacob Ng Community