I got email today from UA stating that effective March 15, 2015, miles will accrue by cost not by distance flown. Award miles earned per $ is as follows...5 per $ for regular member, 7 for premier, 8 for gold, 9 for platinum and 11 for the 1K'ers. My loyalty to UA gets less and less with each change they make. I fly to CA a lot and as of now get about 5k miles a round trip regardless of my fare paid. Now if I get a sale for say $300 I will only 2100 as a silver member, more than half of what I get now. Even paying a $400 fare I will only get 2800 miles. Are all the airlines doing this? I think I read Delta has stRted this method.
New UA Mileage Rules
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Do we need a 3 hour layover at DFW if coming from overseas?
- 2 AA Business Class seats from DFW to CDG and back to ORD - quality?
- 3 TAP Portuguese Air
- 4 Using a "Fake" Location for Better Flight Prices???
- 5 The beggining of the end of Airbus A380?
- 6 Oxford to Athens and back to London
- 7 Time needed between flights?
- 8 Air canada checking correct VISA
- 9 Health and Safety for time left sitting on the tarmac.
- 10 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 11 Which One World Airline to Use: American, Cathay Pacific, JAL?
- 12 90 minute change at heathrow terminal 5
- 13 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 14 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 15 redeeming dividend miles
- 16 Keeping AA miles alive
- 17 Taxis at CDG......
- 18 why hasnt price of airfare dropped?
- 19 United/Lufthansa code share--can't reserve seats until departure??????
- 20 KLM stinks
- 21 Driver's License Expired and TSA
- 22 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 23 Please help: Singapore to Tahiti to Hawaii to Singapore
- 24 Name on passport differs from air ticket
- 25 Korean Air Executive Resigns Post After Halting Flight Over Snack Service